Hammond Indiana Fire Freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketMan1

Does anyone have the frequencies for the Hammond fire department.
I heard they are on an 800Mhz trunk system.
How would I program them in so I ONLY hear the fire department?

RocketMan1

Thanks for the link.
what I am confused about, is..it shows about 12 different 800Mhz frequencies, and then under that, Hammond police talkgroups and Hammond fire talkgroups, what do I input if I just want to hear the fire talkgroups?

A step by step would be nice if anybody has the time. I'm trying to figure this out for a relative, I don't monitor Hammond, he does for fire board ups.

Thanks for your patience!

racin06

RocketMan1 said:
Thanks for the link.
what I am confused about, is..it shows about 12 different 800Mhz frequencies, and then under that, Hammond police talkgroups and Hammond fire talkgroups, what do I input if I just want to hear the fire talkgroups?

A step by step would be nice if anybody has the time. I'm trying to figure this out for a relative, I don't monitor Hammond, he does for fire board ups.

Thanks for your patience!

First of all, what make and model of scanner do you have? That would help greatly in trying to help you. To give you the short answer to your question, you would only program in the fire talkgroups into your scanner OR you could program all of the police and fire talkgroups into your scanner (which is what I recommend) and enable or disable the talkgroups per your liking.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Go to the Wiki link and look up the basics of trunked scanning.

RocketMan1

racin06 said:
First of all, what make and model of scanner do you have? That would help greatly in trying to help you. To give you the short answer to your question, you would only program in the fire talkgroups into your scanner OR you could program all of the police and fire talkgroups into your scanner (which is what I recommend) and enable or disable the talkgroups per your liking.

I'll see if I can find out, he said he bought it from RS a couple years back, and paid $400-$500 for it, so I'm thinking it's the pro-96 or 2096.

I've checked all the links everyone has posted, I even searched past posts, and the internet, I think I have it figured out, we'll see. Thanks for the help.

RocketMan1

The confusion continues.

Storing known Talkgroup ID’s
1. Press PGM
2. Press TRUNK
3. Enter the 5 digit Mot or 4 digit ED ID
4. Press ENTER
5. Press Up button
6. Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 until all are entered.

where do I find the 5 digit Mot, I printed the page for the Hammond Fire department talk group and all I can find are 3 digit Hex, or 3 digit Dec, nothing shows 5 digits.

RocketMan1

hambone302 said:
Rocket,

You should be able to put zeros in front of the dec numbers. Thats the way they come up in open mode on the pro 95.

Thanks, once he drops it off I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.