Having trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefftcarter

Premium Subscriber
I live in Johnson Co Indiana and I am having trouble getting my scanner to pick up anything at all. I have a BCD396T and had all channels that I wanted and towers programmed. It was working some time ago and then I went over seas for about 6 months. Turned it back on and now it is not picking anything up. I have tried reprogramming but nothing is working. Any help would be great.

spooney

You probably haven't reprogrammed for rebanding yet? First thing would be to update scanner firmware that adds the custom band plans to the scanner and then check all the freq's with the R/R Database and update those also. If your scanner is currently setup for Motorola Type II-800/P25 you will need to change to MOT-Custom and enter special band plan data. See wiki for your scanner model for specific instructions http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/vi...rmwareUpdate#Motorola_800_Custom_Band_Plan_Re on how to set it up.

Last edited:

jefftcarter

Premium Subscriber
already done

I have already done all of that and rechecked and all of that looked ok. But still nothing at all.I have it set to scan 5 diffrent towers and I have even set it to just pull from 1 tower with no luck. Is there a way to find out if the offset has changed or something in that setup.

usswood

no offset change...confirmed you have rebanded your scanner and have the NEW Control Freq's loaded! You shouldnt have any Freq's that are 866 or 867mhz in your scanner

pjscott51

Premium Subscriber
I monitor IN State and So. IN PDs. I have a Radio Shack pro 106. Does the rebanding effect my pro 106? If so, how do I fix it?

mancow

Database Admin
Yes it effects every radio. Make sure the gre has the current system frequencies entered when you go to the edit system menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.