Portage IN FD switch to digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
helled6698 i am in portage and i lost the fd on my scanner...can u help me find it...i have trunking on my scanner...

Ed6698

The Pro-2052 is not a digital scanner. I know it does not support rebanding, which would be needed to able to recieve the SAFE-T network. You would need to get a newer model in order to pick up the SAFE-T network that Portage FD is now operating on.

wingmaker

Sorry Brother, Hopefully you can find a cheap digital one on the internet. It also funny that the paper says,

"And, while that may have some "scanner buffs" upset that they can no longer follow along with fire calls on their own personal scanners, officials say the new system will provide a more efficient, effective way for emergency responders to communicate." Some people don't know nothing about the system and just assume it cant be monitored, witch don't bother me really just means they will think that.

There are actually many people that don't understand it. Like say for instance, I knew this guy that used to work for the Schneider PD in Lake County (now for IDHS) , he was telling me it used satellites and no one can listen to it. They were using 47184 to talk to each other, despite what the DB says that it is St John. Whether it will be I don't know all I know is that they were using it, I never heard St. John on it.

Love and Blessings

Status
Not open for further replies.