i find these frequency on price paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

Mark, This is a great frequency to keep in your scanner.Sometimes you will hear radio traffic on 155.280 in your local area. I did hear radio traffic on this freq during the Super Bowl in downtown Indianapolis at Lucas Oil Stadium. I heard Marion County, State EMA, calling other stations from the Command Post that had set up for the event. This is also a statewide search and rescue frequency for search and rescue Teams. 155.280 is used for communications between groups who are looking for missing persons in the field.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
155.2800 and 155.1600 are part of the old VHF HEAR (Hospital Emergency Alerting Radio) Net. They are used for primarily Civil Defense/Emergency Management Medical Tactical Operations (Such as Mass Casualty Incidents *MCI*), or for Search And Rescue Operations (SAR). Way back in the day, they were used for Emergency Medical Services to Emergency Room communications. (Patient Reports). The original listing was: 155.1600, 155.1750, 155.2050, 155. 2200, 155. 2350, 155.2650, 155.2800, 155.2950, 155.3250, 155.3400, 155.3550, 155.3850, and 155.4000. These were the basic Ambulance to ER comms frequencies. Now in most locations, the primary HEAR freq still used for this is 155.3400. Special medical needs, were handled on the UHF MED Net. (Poison Control, Paramedic - Doctor orders etc...) Over the years, these mutated in usage to include EMS dispatching, Hospital Operations/Security, SAR and CD/EMA Ops. Now they are supplemented by a whole lot of new narrowband VHF MED frequencies (VMED), as well as a hugely expanded UHF MED Net, and the additions of 700 MHz etc...

***Just a little historical data from back when monitoring was truly simple***

Last edited by a moderator:

W9NES

The Manual that I have for IHERN from the 1970's on file shows 155.340 as IHERN and 155.280 as a backup frequency across the state. Both frequencies were in the base radios at the hospitals across the state.

INDY72

The Manual that I have for IHERN from the 1970's on file shows 155.340 as IHERN and 155.280 as a backup frequency across the state. Both frequencies were in the base radios at the hospitals across the state.

Yep, each state had/has its own slightly differing listings of the nationwide HEAR Net freqs with sometimes a differing tone in use at every single hospital for each freq. For example, we still have a long listing of differing tones in the IN statewide listings... Whereas in AR, the statewide tone is 131.8 PL, and it has multiple tones in MS... IHERN is still primary 155.3400 for hospitals here in IN, with this being patched into almost every TRS in use to an HEAR, or MED, or ER TG for the facilities on the TRS's. You can still monitor traffic on it but its rarer, and harder to copy the ambulances at a distance on the old conventional channel, where as on the TG's on TRS's, you get both sides of the convos... Where encryption isn't in use of course.

(I still remember when the VFD I was with switched out some old radios with "dial a tone" wheels, for digital display push a button keypad radios in the rescue units, and it made it so much easier to interop with the area ER's and EMS units. Hold down finger for a second or two compared to manually scrollling to the tone, and hoping you didn't click in the wrong one lol... So much better when your display reads HWMH ER, KDH ER, UMC ER, than the old way.)

Last edited by a moderator:

KidClerk

Feed Provider
That just made me feel old as I can remember hearing the pulsing sound of the ambulances as they dialed into a particular hospital. Until now I had forgotten about that. Yikes.

Yep, each state had/has its own slightly differing listings of the nationwide HEAR Net freqs with sometimes a differing tone in use at every single hospital for each freq. For example, we still have a long listing of differing tones in the IN statewide listings... Whereas in AR, the statewide tone is 131.8 PL, and it has multiple tones in MS... IHERN is still primary 155.3400 for hospitals here in IN, with this being patched into almost every TRS in use to an HEAR, or MED, or ER TG for the facilities on the TRS's. You can still monitor traffic on it but its rarer, and harder to copy the ambulances at a distance on the old conventional channel, where as on the TG's on TRS's, you get both sides of the convos... Where encryption isn't in use of course.

(I still remember when the VFD I was with switched out some old radios with "dial a tone" wheels, for digital display push a button keypad radios in the rescue units, and it made it so much easier to interop with the area ER's and EMS units. Hold down finger for a second or two compared to manually scrollling to the tone, and hoping you didn't click in the wrong one lol... So much better when your display reads HWMH ER, KDH ER, UMC ER, than the old way.)

W9NES

MILF, Please see dfoutch's fcc update post for Fri 1/10/14. Methodist Hospital(IU Health) has IHERN 155.340 along with 155.280 in the ER. FCC file number 0006090540.

INDY72

" IHERN is still primary 155.3400 for hospitals here in IN, with this being patched into almost every TRS in use to an HEAR, or MED, or ER TG for the facilities on the TRS's. You can still monitor traffic on it but its rarer, and harder to copy the ambulances at a distance on the old conventional channel, where as on the TG's on TRS's, you get both sides of the convos... Where encryption isn't in use of course."

Yes Tim, I know this is still in use as I stated.... And note that on the IDPSC, it is patched into MED 1 TG... On the Hamco EDACS it is IHERN 1 TG..... 155.2800 I believe is also patched to IDPSC MED 1, and IHERN 2 on Hamco EDACS. I also still hear traffic on 155.3400 sometimes when an unit from another area calls in a transfer. The only thing I don't get is why IDPSC has 2 Air Med TG's, and they never get use, even though we have like 3 Medevac helos constantly operating. All their traffic is routed to the normal MED TG's... Anyway, back to topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.