Cass county/Rural Metro EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

biga6166

Does anybody know what the frequency is for cass county/Rural metro EMS? I put in the old LMH freq that is in the database, but I don't hear anything on it. Thanks in advance!

W9NES

Rural Metro Ambulance could be using Cass County fire dispatch to provide service to all the Cass County fire departments. In Indianapolis they used to be on 155.265 and that frequency went silent .Also the same for 155.235 that used to be Myers Ambulance that was bought out by Rural Metro for Johnson County. I know that Rural Metro does provide service to Madison County. I hear Rural Metro 410 and 411 all the time on Madison County fire dispatch 155.070 Repeater.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
I believe they use SAFE-T talkgroups for Cass County Fire/EMS and/or the VHF dispatch frequency.
But it's been over a year since I've been up that way.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Rural/Metro EMS apparently now runs solely on the various County/Municipal Emergency Services dispatch systems and the SAFE-T, as they cancelled all of their own licenses. Rural/Metro has not a single FCC License for any of the areas in IN they service, which is an considerable area per their own website. Locations None of the listings we have in the database here are valid any longer for Rural/Metro, in fact, one of the ones for Johnson County is actually Ninevah Hensley Jackson United School Corporation's. KNCR275 (NINEVEH HENSLEY JACKSON UNITED SCHOOL CORP) FCC Callsign Details The others, cancelled in 2011 : http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=KRR913 http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WNVT790

bamx2

I'm not 100% sure, but I think for company dispatch they are on cell phones, and possibly a commercial radio system.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Johnson County they are dispatched via SAFE-T By JCFD. Heard them and SEALS get dispatched to a multi car pile up/rollover today. SEALS pretty much stole Medic 93's (Rural Metro Unit) call by being closer, so 93 got cancelled while en route. If R/M is on an SMR, it would have to be JES & Sons, or Cardinal, whether its the conventional Repeaters, or LTR/NexEDGE TRS's. In Cass, they also are dispatched via County Fire on SAFE-T/VHF. Madison they are on the County Fire VHF, Hendricks County also on the County Fire VHF/SAFE-T.

aaron315

Pretty sure they use a combination of cell and ERS Two Way ConnectPlus wide area system for company communications. Crews that respond to emergency calls have radios compatible with those used by the agencies they work with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Ah, they went to the ERS DMR SMR. Forgot about that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.