Update to Lake County E-911 Consolidation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTO_04

Given the early arrival of winter weather, getting those towers completed in the first quarter of 2015 is going to a tall order.

GTO_04 I

Ed6698

Given the early arrival of winter weather, getting those towers completed in the first quarter of 2015 is going to a tall order.

GTO_04 I

I was thinking the same thing, can't see much being done with towers if there is really cold weather and any quantity of snow. Going to be interesting to see how this all pans out.

SCPD

QRT
I was unaware of any county in Indiana going 700Mhz Phase 2 any time soon no approvals from APCO either. What system is going in there? The only mandate I am aware of is to have all E911 communications centers merged to only 2 per county by Jan 1 2015

SCPD

QRT
Safe T is only going to Motorola Astro 9600 P25 Phase 1 with only the option to go Phase 2 in the future and adding many new tower sites around IN and No 700Mhz yet but in the early planning stages still to be approved by APCO and the plan to get every one in the state on the same kind of system to have linking systems to neighboring states as well. Indianapolis Safe T already has the 9600 P25 Phase 1 up and running and currently testing mode since it is the zone controller for up north and the Bloomington IN site should be up soon if not already for zone 2 south. 700Mhz in Indiana is only on the planning stages no on is approved yet so not sure where the news is getting that info the only Motorola projects that I am aware of current for public safety is Hamilton County new P25 and Safe T long term Project and soon to be Anderson IN. I think the confusion in all of this is the current Safe T plan to some day go 700 and Phase 2 but not right now the news see it as a new system because of new radios for the P25 and new tower sites being added and the new E911 changes and build outs. There are no new FCC or APCO apps in for Indiana for any one on 700 because it has to go before a committee that just met this last summer and takes a lot of planning no way it would even be up and running by Jan 1 2015 This is only for Radio coms not E911 or Dispatch Center Merges that have to take place by Jan 1 2015 but not two way radios.

Ed6698

Safe T is only going to Motorola Astro 9600 P25 Phase 1 with only the option to go Phase 2 in the future and adding many new tower sites around IN and No 700Mhz yet but in the early planning stages still to be approved by APCO and the plan to get every one in the state on the same kind of system to have linking systems to neighboring states as well. Indianapolis Safe T already has the 9600 P25 Phase 1 up and running and currently testing mode since it is the zone controller for up north and the Bloomington IN site should be up soon if not already for zone 2 south. 700Mhz in Indiana is only on the planning stages no on is approved yet so not sure where the news is getting that info the only Motorola projects that I am aware of current for public safety is Hamilton County new P25 and Safe T long term Project and soon to be Anderson IN. I think the confusion in all of this is the current Safe T plan to some day go 700 and Phase 2 but not right now the news see it as a new system because of new radios for the P25 and new tower sites being added and the new E911 changes and build outs. There are no new FCC or APCO apps in for Indiana for any one on 700 because it has to go before a committee that just met this last summer and takes a lot of planning no way it would even be up and running by Jan 1 2015 This is only for Radio coms not E911 or Dispatch Center Merges that have to take place by Jan 1 2015 but not two way radios.

System has already been approved, bought and paid for. Lake County says they will have the best system in the entire state of Indiana. 700mhz P25. It says it in almost every article in those links. The one article specifically says Lake County says this will be the system, the news is just repeating what they were told.

Lake commissioners give Motorola $13M E-911 contract

SCPD

QRT
I understand what the news article is saying but as I stated in my other post they can sign all the contracts they want with Motorola and buy all the equipment but it still has to go through the 700Mhz planning committee and get APCO and FCC approval and they have not done that as of today’s date so there is no way it could be online by Jan 1 2015 as far as Motorola building the system out I know that wont happen either and be online by Jan 1 with out all of the required approvals so I would not be looking for it to be online any time soon. As stated there are NO FCC apps in or approved for 700 other than the ISP state that was approved years ago and a hand full of non trucked 700 in Indiana in the last 3 years
If some one could post a link to the contract or the pdf of it and the specs other than the news that would be great so every one can see the true details I find the news seems to give the wrong info on specs or details than what is really going to be built or done. Either way times are changing and a lot of new P25 is coming to Indiana

SCPD

QRT
Last edited:

wingmaker83

I was unaware of any county in Indiana going 700Mhz Phase 2 any time soon no approvals from APCO either. What system is going in there? The only mandate I am aware of is to have all E911 communications centers merged to only 2 per county by Jan 1 2015

From what Mr Hitchcock says, they have got temporary license from fcc. they have got a tower up at crown point by the sheriffs dept. No box or anything just tower. He said they would be getting box next day that was about 1 week or so ago. Said tower at Hobart, gary, Hammond one of there towers. the crown point one and one by RT 2 maybe lease a tower at RT 55 AND Rt 2. It will have 5 to 7 towers or so depending. You can call the government center and talk with him, just ask 4 him (brian Hitchcock) very forthcoming. I called because I want to know why they were not going with SAFET considering theres already 4 towers and most have talkgroups already, some use them. He told me that the state couldn't tell him what he needed to know. Like about them going to phase 2 and more sites and state supposedly couldn't give him answers so there going with the 700 MHz phase 2. he told me I could call him in a month or so and he should have the frequencies for me. Like I said very forthcoming with info. Just call him if you want to know stuff.

SCPD

QRT
From what Mr Hitchcock says, they have got temporary license from fcc. they have got a tower up at crown point by the sheriffs dept. No box or anything just tower. He said they would be getting box next day that was about 1 week or so ago. Said tower at Hobart, gary, Hammond one of there towers. the crown point one and one by RT 2 maybe lease a tower at RT 55 AND Rt 2. It will have 5 to 7 towers or so depending. You can call the government center and talk with him, just ask 4 him (brian Hitchcock) very forthcoming. I called because I want to know why they were not going with SAFET considering theres already 4 towers and most have talkgroups already, some use them. He told me that the state couldn't tell him what he needed to know. Like about them going to phase 2 and more sites and state supposedly couldn't give him answers so there going with the 700 MHz phase 2. he told me I could call him in a month or so and he should have the frequencies for me. Like I said very forthcoming with info. Just call him if you want to know stuff.

I think I will make some phone calls I would like to know what FCC Call Sign they have for the STA since there has been no new FCC or APCO Approvals for Indiana for 700 Mhz Phase 2
Thanks for the info

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Would be worth digging into. SAFE-T is going Phase 1, and has ability to go Phase 2 if they so wished. And as for 700, the mandate that used to be in place for that band to go Phase 2 is no more so, again, that would be up to them if they choose it or need it. Phase 2 (TDMA) is actually the future anyway, and is truly more efficient usage of spectrum. Kinda one of the big reasons for so many DMR systems are now popping up. The NXDN craze is mainly those that wanted to rush into 6.25 KHz narrow digital.

Indiana16

I understand what the news article is saying but as I stated in my other post they can sign all the contracts they want with Motorola and buy all the equipment but it still has to go through the 700Mhz planning committee and get APCO and FCC approval and they have not done that as of today’s date so there is no way it could be online by Jan 1 2015 as far as Motorola building the system out I know that wont happen either and be online by Jan 1 with out all of the required approvals so I would not be looking for it to be online any time soon. As stated there are NO FCC apps in or approved for 700 other than the ISP state that was approved years ago and a hand full of non trucked 700 in Indiana in the last 3 years
If some one could post a link to the contract or the pdf of it and the specs other than the news that would be great so every one can see the true details I find the news seems to give the wrong info on specs or details than what is really going to be built or done. Either way times are changing and a lot of new P25 is coming to Indiana

I don't understand what you are saying? Motorola has over 60 P25 Phase 2 700mhz systems installed across the United States? I am probably just not understanding what you are saying.

SCPD

QRT
I don't understand what you are saying? Motorola has over 60 P25 Phase 2 700mhz systems installed across the United States? I am probably just not understanding what you are saying.

I was talking about Indiana only I know that there are a lot of 700 P25 Phase 2 on the air now but in Indiana there is not and Indiana goes through a 700 Planning committee to plan out the new band plan for Indiana so all PD FD is on the same page and can communicate together on the same or different systems I know Indiana is also working with the surrounding states on 700 planning on being able to link the systems together as well. Also what I was saying for Indiana only as far as I know there has been no new plans just yet for 700 it is still a little ways off as the new 700 LTE stuff is coming out to choose from. Not saying that agencies can’t buy all of it get it installed but won’t be on it for a while until it goes through the 700 planning stages. And the 700 has nothing to do with the PSAP deadline this month and it would not be online by DEC 31 st Hope that helps to see what I was trying to say.

Indiana16

I was talking about Indiana only I know that there are a lot of 700 P25 Phase 2 on the air now but in Indiana there is not and Indiana goes through a 700 Planning committee to plan out the new band plan for Indiana so all PD FD is on the same page and can communicate together on the same or different systems I know Indiana is also working with the surrounding states on 700 planning on being able to link the systems together as well. Also what I was saying for Indiana only as far as I know there has been no new plans just yet for 700 it is still a little ways off as the new 700 LTE stuff is coming out to choose from. Not saying that agencies can’t buy all of it get it installed but won’t be on it for a while until it goes through the 700 planning stages. And the 700 has nothing to do with the PSAP deadline this month and it would not be online by DEC 31 st Hope that helps to see what I was trying to say.
Got ya.
If frequencies are available, which a search would have been completed before hand, then they can do what they please.

SCPD

QRT
Got ya.
If frequencies are available, which a search would have been completed before hand, then they can do what they please.

Basically how it works is the County or agencies that is in charge of the communications hires a frequencies coordinator and they do the search and get all the info they need and make sure it does not or should not cause issues with others then once all info is together they send it off to the Indiana division of APCO and the 700 planning board and it goes through several steps if approved then app goes to APCO and then they go through a app processes and when approved they send it off to the FCC where is goes through a lot of steps once approved then the APP is granted and the FCC License is approved and then they can begin operations on those 700 frequencies. Some times a STA can speed this up in other words they cant just jump on 700 and start talking

Oh I forgot the steps of auction blocks for 700 frequencies and dealing with sprint Nextel in some cases as well

Indiana16

Basically how it works is the County or agencies that is in charge of the communications hires a frequencies coordinator and they do the search and get all the info they need and make sure it does not or should not cause issues with others then once all info is together they send it off to the Indiana division of APCO and the 700 planning board and it goes through several steps if approved then app goes to APCO and then they go through a app processes and when approved they send it off to the FCC where is goes through a lot of steps once approved then the APP is granted and the FCC License is approved and then they can begin operations on those 700 frequencies. Some times a STA can speed this up in other words they cant just jump on 700 and start talking

Oh I forgot the steps of auction blocks for 700 frequencies and dealing with sprint Nextel in some cases as well

Thank you for the response. I am aware of how it works. My point was most of those details are done prior.

SCPD

QRT
When some one can post a link to the FCC or APCO app for the 700 licenses or who the frequencies coordinator is for this project please post since there has not been one posted or nothing shows up with the FCC or APCO even other contact info has no information on a FCC or APCO Licenses or Applications witch would mean that it has not passed all channels even if they have started buying equipment and installing

Status
Not open for further replies.