536 Open Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatch2323

I've searched all over the internet and can't find a way to put the 536HP in open search mode of a system from the scanner it self. Anyone had luck doing this? Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
I've searched all over the internet and can't find a way to put the 536HP in open search mode of a system from the scanner it self. Anyone had luck doing this? Thanks.

Are you talking about how to Search ID’s in a System on the 536 lets say look for or search for New Talk Groups in lets say System 3 of Hamilton county or IDPS
If that is the case you get to that to turn it on and off in the System settings by doing this

Press menu
Press or select Manage Favorites
Find the system you are wanting to search select it
Pres Review Edit System
Press Select the system
Press Edit SYS OPTION
Scroll down to ID Search select it
Turn it on
Then back out of all of that and you should be searching for new ID’s

If this is not want you where asking or talking about sorry

Dispatch2323

Thank you. I've spent 3 hours search and reading the book. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

SCPD

QRT
You’re Welcome. The first two days I got the 536 drove me crazy the book is no help and a learning cure for sure. I still have issues with the quick keys but is still way out performs the 396T/XT and 996T/XT real happy I got it. I also am listing to it over the net now by the wifi so that is cool to.

sck

Goham...how are you listening over wifi? I thought that wasn't available yet. I have mine connected to wifi with the dongle, but how do you listen that way?

SCPD

QRT
Goham...how are you listening over wifi? I thought that wasn't available yet. I have mine connected to wifi with the dongle, but how do you listen that way?

THIS IS NOT THE APP JUST BETA TESTING

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...ion/307229-wi-fi-support-update-released.html

BCD536HPFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

To listen over your phone 4G LTE or on Net download Free Team Viewer Desk Top Remote for your PC and Phone to control the two Undien software remotely over the phone away from home or just listen to it with the two uniden Software

Beware is a little difficult even for a good PC and Scanner/ Radio User for the Updates and set up

Last edited:

Emoney250

I finally got the quick keys figured out....after some help from people here........any questions, I should be able to help....and yes, the manual is NOT specific and detailed enough for many functions and "how to" with the 536....

Dispatch2323

I finally got the quick keys figured out....after some help from people here........any questions, I should be able to help....and yes, the manual is NOT specific and detailed enough for many functions and "how to" with the 536....

I have done a dept, 2,9 reset and factory reset. No matter what I do, the 536 always loads my favorite list. Any suggestions on how to completely reset this scanner and start from scratch? Thanks

Voyager

I have done a dept, 2,9 reset and factory reset. No matter what I do, the 536 always loads my favorite list. Any suggestions on how to completely reset this scanner and start from scratch? Thanks

If you want to erase the scanner, erase your FLs in Sentinel, then write to the scanner making sure you select the 'erase the FLs first' option, and your scanner will be blank. You could also use the CLEAR USER DATA option.

Status
Not open for further replies.