• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

RELM RMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
When programming my RMV's i can program the one in the house (50 Watt). If i take laptop out to truck it will not see the radio "Communacations error" ANy ideas? Same radio 50 watt. Also tried on a 25 watt radio. Just wont see them.

TRNcommLLC

Feed Provider
Check the connector on the radio. Sometimes dirt collects on the pins and you get error.

Can't say if this is your problem but I have been there with the same problem.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Just tried on my work truck 25watt...checked mic connector for dirt/dust etc...no good....still no communication......trys to download thats it

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Nope not working any other ideas? Scan Off, Power on,computer on cable hooked. Comm error......and like i said same radio in house programs fine.

RodStrong

Probably will sounds nuts, but do you think it might be related to the power going into the radios? I dunno. I would probably take the power supply that works on your indoor radio outside to your car if you can, and see if you can power the car radio with the power supply and see if it likes this better. Probably a longshot, but a time or two I have had radios that liked one form of power better than others. Good luck.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
I had the one truck running when i was trying although one had the heater running. My pickup is hooked direct to battery. The other is hooked to a hot ING post in the truck. Dont remember if had that one running when i tried it. busy today will have to try later in week. i can remove them and try them home on Power supply and see. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
OK Thanks to all whom replied......i got one of the 50 watters to play nice.....cleaned the mic jack with a Q tip.....and held the programming cable just right.....seems the mic jack has issues with those 3 connectors....now i hope to try the 25 watt later in week.

roostertn

I am having the same problem. Cannot get my RMU25 Radio to communicate with computer. Get a Com Error. Have tried cleaning contacts and jiggle cable around. What happens is this. When I try to Read from Radio or Send to Radio it says to check the cable on Com1. The radio will display PROG and the Red Light will flash next to Volume Knob. But no joy. Any other ideas. Anyone have the pinouts I was thinking of trying to make my own cable instead of KaWa Mall Cable I bought.

etihparg

Premium Subscriber
Facing the same, however I am using a USB to Serial cable since I don't have a computer with an RS232 port. I'm thinking it's the USB/SERIAL (Prolific) driver that is the problem, wrong version.

Status
Not open for further replies.