• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

License Application Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLF82

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to get myself licensed for a couple itinerant frequencies...

Having good luck so far except where it asks for the frequency information. I want to do 451.8125 (or 451.800) and 456.8125 (or 456.800) but I am not 100% sure how to fill out the highlighted boxes. When I go it tells me that the listed frequencies are not for my "service code". I have it set for IG and country wide itinerant.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• fcc.JPG
    fcc.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 450
oh I see, when I licensed a couple business frequencies I went through the FCC and then the frequency coordinator, so my application was obviously a little bit different...... you could try contacting the FCC directly via phone# 888-225-5322 and talk to one of their agents about the problem they are normally pretty helpful !

K0TIN

When I filed a license I put the frequencies i wanted (ex 464.550) into the "Lower or Center" frequency.
That said, since you're applying for a 50W license, you are going to need to go through a coordinator.

Steveradio

FCC Coordinator is going be required which is additional fees of course.

Cant think of the company used in my application, 80% of the time they approve your requested frequencies.

adamnfd202

Premium Subscriber
ULS is a great coordinator I submitted my app on Monday and had my frequency pair on Tuesday afternoon and they handle sending all the forms to the FCC and paying the FCC. They are great at making sure your app is correct and 9 times out of 10 when they say the app is good it will be accepted and granted. 10 days after ULS gives you the frequencies you can start using them. They made my process painless and easy plus they are the least expensive out of the coordinators and I spent days checking them out. If you want to add to your app they will work with you no additional charge for small stuff like my app I filed for FB2 and MO they called and asked if I needed an additional MO or anything else and I added an MO3 no problem and they checked it all out to make sure the FCC would accept. the whole process 200$ plus the FCC fee with phone help on my application.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Please Note itinerant frequencies DO NOT need to got thru a Freq Coord. never have . Just file the license yourself. Pick which one's you want. Pay Fee and wait.

K0TIN

He's filing for a license on a frequency not exclusively for itinerant and for 50W. It's too high power for that and not on the right frequency. If he applied at 35W for Brown or Yellow Dot he wouldn't need a coorinator.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Sorry i have a license with 451.800/456.800 didnt need any one but me to do it. as far as the other 2 there itinerant only as well. Last i knew they were itinerant since no one has said anything since we have had the license for years

Status
Not open for further replies.