• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CPI MCR220 Tone Remote and Termination Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markup

First post, brand new so please bear with me. I was recently given a CPI MCR220 tone remote and my intent is to use it with a VHF GM300. My understanding is this remote needs an MCP200 termination panel to interface with the radio, although it didn't come with one. I'd like to know more about the background and vintage of this equipment, the basic elements of it's operation, etc. And, if anyone has any further insight or sourcing for a termination panel, that would be as greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!
-ZM

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
The MCP200 is also know as a tone remote adapter. It is available from TESCO and other radio accessories distributors. It is essentially a device that converts the control signals in the radio to tones that can be sent down dedicated 2 or 4 wire type phone lines to the tone remote (i.e desk set). It also sends the TX and RX audio as well. The tone remote connects to the radio through the radios accessory socket. It can control the channel selector as well as other radio front panel functions. The phone lines can be in house or dedicate phone company lines. Other types of transmission mediums can be used with the appropriate interfaces.
BB

Markup

Thanks! I got in touch with CPI and they still have a few MCP200G termination panels laying around. I've purchased mine and it's supposedly on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.