• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Indyme electronic call box for retail question

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone familiar with these call boxes? Particularly how they are programmed in stores or retail customer service use??

steveadeal

I am the founder of Indyme. tell me more about your specific question and I will try to answer it.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
I am the founder of Indyme. tell me more about your specific question and I will try to answer it.

I was wondering how to program a Model P100 call box by your company? Is there a programming cable or can you program via button presses? When I say program I mean to program changing radio frequencies/tone codes?

steveadeal

The P100 is actually the model number of the label on the unit (oddly enough)... the actual model is either a CB460 (which operates on 303 MHz narrowband) or a CB960 (which is nominally 900 MHz quasi-spread spectrum). It sounds like you were hoping ot link these directly to a two-way radio but they are not designed for peer-to-peer communication. The system requires a receiver (which demodulates the RF) connected to a Control Unit which decodes the command string from the call box to determine where to route what type of message (audio or text) either directly (via Ethernet, phone switch, or PA amp) or indirectly via a base station (to radios or pagers). Neither product readily field programs to another frequency or will talk sensibly to anything except an Indyme Control Unit. Hope this helps... if I've not covered what you are seeking, please let me know.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
The P100 is actually the model number of the label on the unit (oddly enough)... the actual model is either a CB460 (which operates on 303 MHz narrowband) or a CB960 (which is nominally 900 MHz quasi-spread spectrum). It sounds like you were hoping ot link these directly to a two-way radio but they are not designed for peer-to-peer communication. The system requires a receiver (which demodulates the RF) connected to a Control Unit which decodes the command string from the call box to determine where to route what type of message (audio or text) either directly (via Ethernet, phone switch, or PA amp) or indirectly via a base station (to radios or pagers). Neither product readily field programs to another frequency or will talk sensibly to anything except an Indyme Control Unit. Hope this helps... if I've not covered what you are seeking, please let me know.

I work for a retail company ( dicks sporting goods) part time for some extra money... Any who.. We are having issues with interference not from the call boxes, but on our two way radios. If however we change our radio frequencies ( 400mhz) we will lose communications linked from the call boxes to our radio when call boxes are pressed. That's why I was inquiring about them. We were told that a programmer from your company is to come out and change them. I was just wondering if they change he whole box, have programming software, or what. I know your company ( Indyme) wants to know what frequency and tone code we want to use when we change. Just wondered how that all works is all.

Last edited:

steveadeal

Ah, got it! The unit that requires the change is in the back room where the Control Unit is located - near it is a model PT14 radio base station which communicates with the radios. That unit can be field programmed using a cable and program; unfortunately, it cannot be re-programmed remotely (unlike the Control Unit itself). Our Customer Care department selects the update strategy in this sort of situation. Sometimes they will send someone out with the re-program kit and other times they determine is is going to be faster and easier to swap the base station out with a factory programmed one. I don't know what they have elected to do in this case but if you contact the Indyme service department I'm sure they can let you know.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Ah, got it! The unit that requires the change is in the back room where the Control Unit is located - near it is a model PT14 radio base station which communicates with the radios. That unit can be field programmed using a cable and program; unfortunately, it cannot be re-programmed remotely (unlike the Control Unit itself). Our Customer Care department selects the update strategy in this sort of situation. Sometimes they will send someone out with the re-program kit and other times they determine is is going to be faster and easier to swap the base station out with a factory programmed one. I don't know what they have elected to do in this case but if you contact the Indyme service department I'm sure they can let you know.

Thank you for your assistance

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber

Just letting you know that we changed the control unit out and have our new frequency and tone code setup in radios. We are interference free YTD. Thank you for your assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.