• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Link Radio Corp desk top console

Status
Not open for further replies.

firedog359

Hello all, I am just grasping at straws at this point so please forgive me if this is not the right place for this. I am a firefighter here in NC and I collect and display vintage/ older two way radios and dispatch consoles. Most everything that I own is in working condition even if it can't be used due to narrow banding restrictions. I just really like the old radios and consoles.
I ran across something on Ebay that I purchased and I am hoping that someone can help me with manuals or schematics or just information in general. The item is a Link Radio Corp Type 2442 desk top console. Probably from the late 40's/early 50's. The chassis is tagged: Radio receiver-transmitter type 2365-ED 2. it is removable and held in place in a mounting bracket by two thumb screws. I have been told that the chassis is possibly a mobile unit adapted for base use. There is a power supply that plugs into the chassis via a large 12 pin rectangular plug and the front controls on the console plug into the chassis by a 9 pin round vacuum tube type plug. I have tried to research this radio on line but there is almost no information on Link radios. From what little that I can find it appears that these old Link Radio units are pretty rare and Fred link was pretty secretive about his products. I know this is not amateur radio equipment but I am hoping some has some type of info on this radio. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Status
Not open for further replies.