• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HELP: Bendix/King EPH/GPH/DPH channel guard issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

sintekproject

I am a Firefighter in my city and have been tasked with programming our radios. This job was handed off to me with little to no training, basically I was chosen because i was the most "technology savvy" firefighter.

I am having a hard time, online, finding answers to some questions i have and am hoping this forum has people who know these radios or can point me in a direction to look.

The main problem i am having is entering the channel guard settings. On our radios we use the first 16 CTCSS tones. The Command series of the GPH/DPH radios have a picklist in the "Global Settings" of the program that allows you to enter the tones and select them as needed with any channel.

However the basic models of the radios do not offer the same data entry, just the individual Rx and Tx channel guards, but if i am on channel 1, i can change to tone 1 thru 16, but i do not know where the radio is referencing that information from(the TX CG line maybe?). so i am having trouble finding out how to enter the tones.

if someone could help me out i would really appreciate it. thank you

Leon

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Are you wanting the radio user to have the ability to select and use different tone guards on one channel or frequency?

In our area we usually lock out this ability because most people are not familiar enough with out to operate the radio. In the Group Settings I always make sure that the "User Code Guard" is disabled or the enabled box is unchecked. This forces the radio to use the Cod Guard programmed in that specific channel.

Enabling the user to control and manually select the Code Guard I would say is an advanced feature and should only be used by advanced users. Otherwise it ends up causing massive communication issues and failures.

ME801

The wildland fire agencies do this on a regular basis. It's a little complicated to explain in a forum like this.
Short answer, if you have a contact with your BLM/USFS office they can show you in person. Generally they are pretty helpful. The local offices that I have worked with even let me clone one of their BK radios.
If not, post back and I'll walk you through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.