• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iandc_qa

Good day gurus. I want to know the exact model of this radio and if it is possible to connect a headset to it. We have a small office and this sucker is too loud. Our set up would be this base radio with possibly a plantronics ptt headset. The problem is that we are clueless as to what hardware we could use. We are also using eads thr 880i tetra radios if that helps.

Attachments

• sketch-1480277402329.jpg
    sketch-1480277402329.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 289

wyShack

Premium Subscriber
check the rear panel-you will likely find a nameplate with the information you are looking for. You may also find a external speaker and or headphone jack. A small mirror may be used to see the back if it is held in place by a mount or wires. Another place to check would be the stickers now covered by beards-nice touch. After you find some info get back or use Google.

Good luck -hope the above helps

Iandc_qa

The beards were deliberately placed by me. Asset tags for Qatar Red Crescent. Will try the mirrors. Though i highly doubt that i can see what's written. Thanks.

Golay

Peek a Boo

The beards were deliberately placed by me. Asset tags for Qatar Red Crescent. Will try the mirrors. Though i highly doubt that i can see what's written. Thanks.

Looking at the picture, this don't appear to be difficult to pull forward and get a good look. Like wyShack said, it could be on the back, it could be on the bottom.
Question that crosses my mind is this: If those are asset tags, then I'm thinking your using a computerized material management system (or something along those lines) that would describe the make and model of each asset number.

Status
Not open for further replies.