RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Industry Discussion

Industry Discussion - General discussion forum for commercial and professional radio technologies. This includes manufacturers not listed below.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2018, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1das View Post
Yes, about (expletive deleted) time.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Would have had a little easier time to get a handle on this if done some years ago!

Flooded market!
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2018, 4:18 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default This tread

I was thinking about "hi-jacking" this tread for my questions, but thought better of it, as it already to long.
It took me a minute to figure out what a CCR is.
There is some talk about some Chinese radios being part 90 "certified"
but when I look at the FCC site, all I seem to find for most of them is that they are
certified in part 15.121 ??
I will start a new thread which I will call "CERT Radio"

thanks

Don
Old 03-11-2018, 4:31 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8zgw View Post
but when I look at the FCC site, all I seem to find for most of them is that they are
There have been many threads over the last few years about the dubious FCC certifications. The famous "AnyTone Tech TERMN8R"..what a gem.
Old 03-11-2018, 5:26 PM
Lead Wiki Manager
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
There is some talk about some Chinese radios being part 90 "certified" but when I look at the FCC site, all I seem to find for most of them is that they are
certified in part 15.121 ?
FCC Part 15.121 has to do with scanning receivers, not transmitters. Even VHF/UHF radios sold as amateur radio equipment have to be FCC Part 15 certified.

"The whole world's living in a digital dream. It's not really there, it's all on the screen." -- WB6ACU
Old 03-11-2018, 5:31 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

YES, I know, that's why I was so confused !
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2018, 6:49 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
I was thinking about "hi-jacking" this tread for my questions, but thought better of it, as it already to long.
It took me a minute to figure out what a CCR is.

thanks

Don
The importers of these radios are abusing the FCC certification process. The radios are being imported under the guise of being scanners or ham radios, but they are marketed to the general public with the complicity of Amazon. The FCC should punish Amazon for marketing this stuff. It is no different than Bob's Truck stop selling CB linear amplifiers. The FCC has cracked down many retailers of illegal CB equipment, but apparently have weak knees about challenging Amazon.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2018, 7:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFI-EMI-GUY View Post
The importers of these radios are abusing the FCC certification process. The radios are being imported under the guise of being scanners or ham radios, but they are marketed to the general public with the complicity of Amazon. The FCC should punish Amazon for marketing this stuff. It is no different than Bob's Truck stop selling CB linear amplifiers. The FCC has cracked down many retailers of illegal CB equipment, but apparently have weak knees about challenging Amazon.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
And the FCC let it get to the point that it's like CB. It's so screwed up that it's probably too late to do anything about it so they just wash their hands of it.
Old 03-11-2018, 9:42 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFI-EMI-GUY View Post
The FCC doesn't care. Amazon is the largest retailer in the nation. Taking them on, they'd better come right. As I heard from an EB employee at IWCE last year in an interference mitigation training class:

"We only have so much budget and resources to conduct enforcement activities. When we do it, we do it right or not at all"

Do you honestly think Amazon is going to take an attack on their business lying down? They have a strong defense. The sellers are peddling products that are being ALLOWED into the USA by importers with FCC ID's and approvals that are verified. Amazon isn't the problem as much as the FCC and other 3 letter agencies too busy setting up "border checkpoints" doing "show your papers" to citizens than worrying about this bogus, dangerous Chinese garbage being brought into this country by the metric ton every single hour.

The FCC has the lion's share of the blame for their OET authorizing many of these garbage pail radios.

Their out there in the hands of unknowing consumers by the millions now.

Can't put the feces back into the horse.
Old 03-11-2018, 9:51 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS2000des View Post
Can't put the feces back into the horse.
Hmmm. That ain't the way I heard it.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:59 PM

Quote:
The FCC has the lion's share of the blame for their OET authorizing many of these garbage pail radios.
The FCC failed when they gave the authority away to the "testing firms". While it would be unrealistic for the FCC to do the certification testing on their own, they do need to do a better job of spot checking the work done by the testing firms to make sure they are not falsifying the test results.

Basically it's been an "honor system", and the Chinese have taken full advantage of that. You'd think the FCC would learn their lesson, but then maybe monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Quote:
Their out there in the hands of unknowing consumers by the millions now.
And that's the other issue, "consumers" not knowing a damn thing about what they are buying.
Old 03-12-2018, 7:10 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I have 2 words for you. GO TRUMP
Old 03-12-2018, 8:14 AM
Technischer Guru
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by srich10 View Post
We are...itís called any Hi-Point weapon ever made. Anyone besides thugs, hood rats and wanna be cartel MS13 gangsters wonít touch them even with a ten foot pole
Have you ever actually used a Hi-Point?

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Old 03-12-2018, 4:52 PM

I have. I used to own a 9MM pistol. First time I shot it I couldn't group to save my life (I'm rather experienced). After the first clip the thing jammed on me. After clearing it out, I clamped it in my abrasive cut-off saw and put it out of it's misery. I paid nothing for it.

It was a dangerous firearm, especially to the novice.
Old 03-12-2018, 5:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12dbsinad View Post
I have. I used to own a 9MM pistol. First time I shot it I couldn't group to save my life (I'm rather experienced). After the first clip the thing jammed on me. After clearing it out, I clamped it in my abrasive cut-off saw and put it out of it's misery. I paid nothing for it.

It was a dangerous firearm, especially to the novice.
So? What's your point?
Old 03-12-2018, 5:01 PM

Perhaps it wasn't the firearm that was dangerous.
Old 03-12-2018, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK4JUG View Post
So? What's your point?
Sorry, I meant to quote wa8pyr.
Old 03-12-2018, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans13 View Post
Perhaps it wasn't the firearm that was dangerous.
The Hi-point is the Baofeng of firearms.

Except, spurious emissions won't injure you like a handgun exploding in your hand.
Old 03-12-2018, 5:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12dbsinad View Post
The Hi-point is the Baofeng of firearms.
LOL, so true.
Old 03-22-2018, 9:09 AM

Default ft-8900 knock off

I am sure Yaesu is not happy about this . Like was said earlier , i think it is more about the big 3 loseing sales .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CE-FCC-800-....c100507.m3226
Old 03-22-2018, 9:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic View Post
I am sure Yaesu is not happy about this . Like was said earlier , i think it is more about the big 3 losing sales.
There is no way that radio is CE or FCC approved for anything other than ham band.

I think it has a lot more to do with the chaos that it has created in the ham/LMR bands, than it has to do with losing sales.

Last edited by kayn1n32008; 03-22-2018 at 9:27 AM..
Closed Thread