Racom

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCSOOPS

Can anyone tell me what brand/model mobile and portables are being used on the Polk county RACOM system?
Wow, the clearest radios I have ever heard. What do they use?
Thanks!

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Since they are EDACS, they use all GE/Ericsson / MA-Com / Harris radios. The models I have seen are all M-RK's and LPE-200's for portables and Orions / Jaguar 725M for mobiles. There may be a few 7100 series in there but I haven't seen them personally.

TCSOOPS

Since they are EDACS, they use all GE/Ericsson / MA-Com / Harris radios. The models I have seen are all M-RK's and LPE-200's for portables and Orions / Jaguar 725M for mobiles. There may be a few 7100 series in there but I haven't seen them personally.
Those seem to be older, they still carry those?

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! The MRK radios are VERY rugged and will last quite a while, the LPE-200's not so much. They might be looking to upgrade but i haven't heard anything like that yet.

TCSOOPS

What do you use to monitor for your live audio feed (Polk County RACOM) ? Sounds great!
Do you know of other live feeds on here that sounds so good?
Thanks!!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! The MRK radios are VERY rugged and will last quite a while, the LPE-200's not so much. They might be looking to upgrade but i haven't heard anything like that yet.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I use a GE/Ericsson Orion radio for the stream. My other stream (Des Moines PD) also uses an Orion.

Thanks for the compliments :)

TCSOOPS

With RACOM, can you hear all talkgroups as long as you are near one of their towers? For instance if I'm in Lincoln, NE near RACOM's tower, could I hear Polk County, IA?

cubn

Database Admin
With RACOM, can you hear all talkgroups as long as you are near one of their towers? For instance if I'm in Lincoln, NE near RACOM's tower, could I hear Polk County, IA?

It's not likely to hear distant talkgroups on a local tower unless the system is setup to carry that talkgroup on that site (ex. a statewide medical talkgroup) or a radio is affiliating with that tower (ex. an officer from Scott County is in Des Moines for training and leaves his radio turned on).

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
cubn is correct, the only traffic that will come over a specific site will be either A. Traffic originating on that site (user is affiliated there), B. Traffic forced to the site by the site controller C. Network traffic because a user roamed to the site (aka bringing the channel with them).

KD0BML

Feed Provider
I use a GE/Ericsson Orion radio for the stream. My other stream (Des Moines PD) also uses an Orion.

Thanks for the compliments :)

Not to hijack the thread, but how are you interefacing the audio on it? I know Motorolas inside and out, but haven't been able to get a good clean audio output into the computer from any of my GE radios. Do most have have a line level output or are you somehow using the speaker level outs?

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I use Pin 13 on the 37 pin connector on the back. It is a line-level output that is tied to the volume knob. It's original purpose is to pass audio from the slave radio to the master in a dual-radio configuration. Works very well!

Status
Not open for further replies.