Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
The frequencies are in:

*Also used on the Cedar Rapids TRS

Tim

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
So far its just FCC license grants. I hear there is a lot of tech chatter on the edacs system over there tho...

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
It's reported that the system is now live, at least in the testing phase using control channel 851.2250

They appear to be following the same WACN/NAC as Johnson county, but with a RFSS of B instead of A.

More information to come.

radiowa

Premium Subscriber
I programmed this into my handheld and was able to lock-on to frequency and could see it transmitting.

Are they using the same Band Plan as JCOM? I did not hear any voice transmissions.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I don't know the exact answer to your question but------

My understanding is that the two systems will be compatible....as in Linn County cars can call up JCOM cars etc. and vice versa.

The band plan has to do with programming some radio's (Harris to name one). For now, I would use the same as JCOMM(851.0125 / 12.5KHz).

This system came live while I was on the West coast so I haven't got to play with it yet.

Tim

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Update to the info here, the WACN is the same as JComm (45564) but the SID is NOT 34, it is 39. I was mistaken earlier. They could have changed it also, since the site is so new i would say anything is possible. The RFSS is 0xB instead of JComm's 0xA. Just the one site was operating in C4FM, so they haven't gotten the simulcast portion running yet. I watched the system for about 2 hours and didnt see a shred of activity on it, tho they did move the control channel from 851.225 to 851.6125 and the site was advertising all the channels listed above. More to come for sure...

radiowa

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard any traffic on the new system yet? I see the control channel transmitting data, but not voice transmissions.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Take a took at the database and wiki for Linn Co P25. It appears everything is just being patched from VHF to 800 for the time being. It looks like the dispatcher may have a new console that is tied into the 800 side. I didn't see any unique RID's show, just all the patch ones from the radio I was using. If someone in or near CR can setup unitrunker for a bit, that would help out.

Tim

dgmaley

Just Test Audio

everything is just being patched from VHF to 800

Yes, that's what it sounds like.

There is a lot of VHF radios that will soon be pulled from service. Anyone happen to know what's to happen to them?

btw...
All the multi-site garble is now gone.

Dave
WA0ZZG

IowaGuy1603

There is a lot of VHF radios that will soon be pulled from service. Anyone happen to know what's to happen to them?

They were all traded in.Most have been "out of service" for several months =-----I think only HT's are still in use (at least on the Sheriff's VHF system)

The Sheriff's dispatch equipment is being sold to another county (pending financing)

dgmaley

VHF HT

A VHF HT was what I was interested in.
Most likely convert to 144-148 use.
Hoping they were not beat to death and able to find software to program.
The radios from China are so cheap now, this may be a mute point.

Dave..

timkilbride

Database Admin
A VHF HT was what I was interested in.
Most likely convert to 144-148 use.
Hoping they were not beat to death and able to find software to program.
The radios from China are so cheap now, this may be a mute point.

Dave..

The M-RK's would *likely* require physical modification to get the VCO to lock in the 2M portion. The sad part is the programming cable cost more then the radio!

Tim

dgmaley

Old VHF HT

require physical modification to get the VCO to lock

Doing things like this was a normal part of rebanding a Motorola radio in the past. I have only one 'lunchbox' size portable left. This one is old enough to have pencil tubes.

The newer radios aren't as easy to hack into.
It was more fun when there was a 50 pound grey steel box in the trunk.
But, I still have my Bird 43 watt meter.
Dave..

IowaBrian

Now hearing Marion on UHF again wonder if they are getting ready for a switch? Did hear them say they were testing out new HT's a couple days ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.