new scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

thexrock

Hi, I just bought a BC396Xt and I live in a small county in Iowa and just wanted to know when I look up what frequencies I have one webpage here says my local police is a p25 system.

Butler County, Iowa (IA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Then when I read under the download reports section of this site, it has the same frequencies but no mention what system or if they still used p25 or not, was just curious if I am misreading it or with my scanner if it makes even a difference?

All Identified Frequencies in Butler County, Iowa (IA)

Also when i click under License tab it says expired on both?

Any tips on this would be great.

frazpo

Hi, I just bought a BC396Xt and I live in a small county in Iowa and just wanted to know when I look up what frequencies I have one webpage here says my local police is a p25 system.

Butler County, Iowa (IA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Then when I read under the download reports section of this site, it has the same frequencies but no mention what system or if they still used p25 or not, was just curious if I am misreading it or with my scanner if it makes even a difference?

All Identified Frequencies in Butler County, Iowa (IA)

Also when i click under License tab it says expired on both?

Any tips on this would be great.

Are you in Allison IA ? It shows a trunked site for that city in Butler County. Looks like it migrated to p25 from edacs in 2011
It shows a single P25 freq for there also. They use a system called RACOM

thexrock

Hi, actually in Greene, can I get allison stuff or is that too far?

Cant figure out if Butler Co stuff is p25 digital or if they are analog or both? lol

frazpo

Post a new thread with your county and area in the heading. Putting "new Scanner" doesn't fit your interest in posting. This will hopefully grab the attention people nearby. Also. Search the forum for your county name or "racom". You can bet there is someone on here that knows the answers to your questions.

Keep it in the Iowa section though.

Good luck

N0ZJT

Database Admin
Please see my response in your other post about Butler County. They are mostly P25 but there is a little bit of analog still used at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.