Ames Residents.....READ THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJK50010

Feed Provider
When I move to my new house, I'm hopeful that I will still get great reception on my Police Scanner....If not....is anyone in Ames willing to connect my Scanner/Computer to their home network?....provided that you get better reception from your location....

AMES Police and Fire

TJK50010

Feed Provider
The problem...Ames has three towers...Story Co, ISU, and Ames. I will be right in the middle of all three. If I really had to....I would aim my line-of-sight to the Ames tower, but I would sacrifice ISU and Story.

TJK50010

Feed Provider
I seem to be able to pick up Ames pretty well. The feed sounds pretty much the same. I had to remove (NWS Des Moines area MICRN Severe Weather Net) due to no longer having line-of-sight withe the Alleman, Iowa tower. A fallback feed exists....SOMETIMES?? (NWS Des Moines area MICRN Severe Weather Net)

The Des Moines National Weather Service MICRN (Metro Incident Command Radio Network) is a multi-county system that connects dispatch centers, emergency management, public works, and other municipal agencies with the National Weather Service in Des Moines.

Status
Not open for further replies.