Northwest iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

WSBM784

Premium Subscriber
Hi I was wondering if Anyone could list the A tone and B tone frequencies for Plymouth County Iowa and also does anyone know The state fire that they use

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
Are you referring to the tone-outs for two-tone paging of the fire departments and EMS units?

I am also interested in that.

Someday I may have that information for you but it's going to take some listening and recording. I am too far away to monitor that directly, but I also have a scanner in another town that I hope to monitor via the web, so maybe I can grab them from there when I get that all set up.

SVA

WSBM784

Premium Subscriber
I would appreciat it im mainly looking for Remsen Iowa AB tone codes frequency 154.220

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
State Fire

154.280 is definitely "State Fire".

But it doesn't work like you may think. It's not like there's a state agency that broadcasts to fire units or fire departments. Also local dispatch centers don't usually use this frequency either.

"State Fire" should be called "state fireground" or "state fire mutual aid". What it really is -- is a channel for fire departments to talk to each other, usually at a fire scene. Especially if the fire units are from different counties, or even different states, they may not have a frequency in common. So "State Fire" is used on the scene.

This is not a repeater frequency, so the only way you would hear it is if you are within a short distance of the actual fire scene. It is normally used by walkie-talkies, limiting the range even more.

It's a very useful frequency to know, but is seldom useful if you're not at the fire.

Other states have the same thing. In Minnesota for instance, it's 154.295.

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
When Plymouth County firefighters are told to go to switch to state fire, they do go to 154.280. Trust me on this. Plymouth County uses state fire for fireground operation.

And, Radioboy is correct. State fire is simplex. Depending on your antenna setup, you will not hear anything unless you are very close to the scene of action.

File state fire in the, "Won't hear much on it, but when you do, it will be worthwhile," category.

IowaGuy1603

154.280 is definitely "State Fire".

But it doesn't work like you may think. It's not like there's a state agency that broadcasts to fire units or fire departments. Also local dispatch centers don't usually use this frequency either.

"State Fire" should be called "state fireground" or "state fire mutual aid". What it really is -- is a channel for fire departments to talk to each other, usually at a fire scene. Especially if the fire units are from different counties, or even different states, they may not have a frequency in common. So "State Fire" is used on the scene.

This is not a repeater frequency, so the only way you would hear it is if you are within a short distance of the actual fire scene. It is normally used by walkie-talkies, limiting the range even more.

It's a very useful frequency to know, but is seldom useful if you're not at the fire.

Other states have the same thing. In Minnesota for instance, it's 154.295.

You also might hear State Fire 154.280 refereed to as VFIRE21

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
I realize this was asked two years ago, but here is the information you were looking for. The tone out frequencies for Remsen Fire and Rescue are
Atone = 1183
Btone = 1150

Status
Not open for further replies.