RACOM Clay county

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencerpolicedino

Premium Subscriber
I have recently put the RACOM frequencies for Clay county in my scanner and do not have a clue what I am hearing. I have heard stuff about air care 1 and 2 landing and I am confused on what I am hearing if someone could clear it up that would be great.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Aircare 1, Aircare 2, Mobile Care, and Lifenet are broadcasted on all the RACOM towers. So you will hear stuff clear across the state and in Nebraska. Aircare 1, Aircare 2, and Mobile Care are all on the same TG and LifeNet has there own as well. LifeNet used to have a "base" in Cherokee, now I think they are all on the Nebraska side.

Tim

spencerpolicedino

Premium Subscriber
Thank you timkilbride that is what I thought I just didn't know if it would broadcast from where it was. But KampingAnthony1AolCo it wasn't talkgroups but I will put them in and see if comes with the same audio.

dcemer

I've tried listening to the Raycom towers from Milford. I really had a hard time picking them up. Do you know where the tower is actually located?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
I've tried listening to the Raycom towers from Milford. I really had a hard time picking them up. Do you know where the tower is actually located?

FCC license says 2540 340th Street, just east of Spencer. WQKD927 (RACOM Corporation) FCC Callsign Details - are you not able to receive anything at all or choppy? I don't think I've ever heard anything on RACOM up there, but haven't paid attention to see if I'm getting a decent control channel signal.

timkilbride

Database Admin
FCC license says 2540 340th Street, just east of Spencer. WQKD927 (RACOM Corporation) FCC Callsign Details - are you not able to receive anything at all or choppy? I don't think I've ever heard anything on RACOM up there, but haven't paid attention to see if I'm getting a decent control channel signal.

I ran a log for a couple days up there, just air ambulance stuff.

Tim

dcemer

Yes, I imagine I am right on the fringe of their tower. I was just using an antenna attached to the scanner on the lower level of my home. I was able to occasionally pick up some traffic but it was very spotty.

Redneck0410

Yes, I imagine I am right on the fringe of their tower. I was just using an antenna attached to the scanner on the lower level of my home. I was able to occasionally pick up some traffic but it was very spotty.

According to their tower information, the range is listed at 25 miles. I had a RACOM system I was following in Norfolk, NE last year that went deaf within 15 miles. Thank god their sheriff's office still simulcasted on VHF otherwise I woulda been SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.