RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Iowa Radio Discussion Forum

Iowa Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Iowa.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 4:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default RACOM Clay county

I have recently put the RACOM frequencies for Clay county in my scanner and do not have a clue what I am hearing. I have heard stuff about air care 1 and 2 landing and I am confused on what I am hearing if someone could clear it up that would be great.
Sponsored links
Old 12-22-2013, 6:21 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Default air care 1 and 2 landing

It is probably Medevac - Iowa City Talkgroups. Was it talkgroups of 1902,1906,1910? Hope this helps.
Old 12-23-2013, 6:20 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Aircare 1, Aircare 2, Mobile Care, and Lifenet are broadcasted on all the RACOM towers. So you will hear stuff clear across the state and in Nebraska. Aircare 1, Aircare 2, and Mobile Care are all on the same TG and LifeNet has there own as well. LifeNet used to have a "base" in Cherokee, now I think they are all on the Nebraska side.

Tim
Old 12-23-2013, 1:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thank you timkilbride that is what I thought I just didn't know if it would broadcast from where it was. But KampingAnthony1AolCo it wasn't talkgroups but I will put them in and see if comes with the same audio.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:24 PM

I've tried listening to the Raycom towers from Milford. I really had a hard time picking them up. Do you know where the tower is actually located?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2014, 11:25 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcemer View Post
I've tried listening to the Raycom towers from Milford. I really had a hard time picking them up. Do you know where the tower is actually located?

FCC license says 2540 340th Street, just east of Spencer. WQKD927 (RACOM Corporation) FCC Callsign Details - are you not able to receive anything at all or choppy? I don't think I've ever heard anything on RACOM up there, but haven't paid attention to see if I'm getting a decent control channel signal.
Old 01-02-2014, 7:31 PM

You're right on the fringe of their tower, I'm not suprirsed you're not picking anything up.
Old 01-02-2014, 9:12 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsphotog View Post
FCC license says 2540 340th Street, just east of Spencer. WQKD927 (RACOM Corporation) FCC Callsign Details - are you not able to receive anything at all or choppy? I don't think I've ever heard anything on RACOM up there, but haven't paid attention to see if I'm getting a decent control channel signal.
I ran a log for a couple days up there, just air ambulance stuff.

Tim
Old 01-03-2014, 6:42 PM

Yes, I imagine I am right on the fringe of their tower. I was just using an antenna attached to the scanner on the lower level of my home. I was able to occasionally pick up some traffic but it was very spotty.

Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2014, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcemer View Post
Yes, I imagine I am right on the fringe of their tower. I was just using an antenna attached to the scanner on the lower level of my home. I was able to occasionally pick up some traffic but it was very spotty.

According to their tower information, the range is listed at 25 miles. I had a RACOM system I was following in Norfolk, NE last year that went deaf within 15 miles. Thank god their sheriff's office still simulcasted on VHF otherwise I woulda been SOL.