Anyone in Cedar Rapids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrklbruce01

I'm looking for someone in Cedar Rapids area that knows how to program a Uniden BCD536HP scanner for all the police fire and scrounding areas police and fire channels. I have it program but I don't get certain channels. Like when Cedar Rapids sends the police to another channel like 4 or something like that.
I would like to find someone that knows how to actually program it for all the channels the right way. Where I can hear most of everything. I don't think I'm hearing everything that I should've able to. I can turn on the app on here and I can hear more off the internet then off my scanner.

I would like to find someone that knows how to set it up the right way and maybe set up the wifi on it. I never set that up since I bought the scanner. Since when I bought the scanner the wifi part was not working yet. Or at least find someone that would set down and show me how to do the scanner the right way. I might have it the right way. But I rather have someone that knows how to set up the scanner help me or do it for me. Or even make a sad card up so I can just plug it in.

My father in law is buying the same scanner so I would actually have 2 of them to do.

If anyone in the Cedar Rapids area would like to help me out or make some money please get a hold of me
My email is jerrybruce01@icloud.com or give me a call 319-270-0458 thanks

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the profile for the Cedar Rapids P25 system. You might be hearing references to going to an encrypted talkgroups. Which most scanner won't even go to. Here in Davenport things get pretty quiet at times because they are hanging out on the encrypted talkgroups. I don't have a 536HP, but I believe all you have to do is enter your zipcode for the onboard programming to be enabled for your area.

timkilbride

Database Admin
CRPD Channel 4 is encrypted. The online scanner has both Johnson and Linn counties so it may seem like a lot is going on when in fact your hearing two counties. If you put in or already have F1(and F2 for the Sheriff's Office) from every agency in Linn County, your going to hear all the calls. Most calls get moved to a encrypted channel after they are dispatched.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.