RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Iowa Radio Discussion Forum

Iowa Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Iowa.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2018, 7:44 PM

Default New to scanners. Need help.

Hello everyone, I recently got a scanner given to me. I have tried watching a couple YouTube videos on how to program it but have failed every time. I was hoping someone on here could walk me through the steps. Every video I watch I get the frequency set but canít find some number (canít remeber what they call it) after that on the website. I live in Clarke County and would like to listen to my local police, sheriff and local state patrol. I have absolutely zero knowledge about scanners. The model that was given to me is a Uniden BCD396xt APCO 25. If someone could guide me along to get set up I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Justin
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2018, 9:02 PM

The video on YouTube Iím following is for programming a p25, but I canít find a TGID or dec....
Old 03-18-2018, 9:11 PM

The video I’m watching is for programming a p25, and I can’t find the TGID or dec
Old 03-19-2018, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbever View Post
Hello everyone, I recently got a scanner given to me. I have tried watching a couple YouTube videos on how to program it but have failed every time. I was hoping someone on here could walk me through the steps. Every video I watch I get the frequency set but canít find some number (canít remeber what they call it) after that on the website. I live in Clarke County and would like to listen to my local police, sheriff and local state patrol. I have absolutely zero knowledge about scanners. The model that was given to me is a Uniden BCD396xt APCO 25. If someone could guide me along to get set up I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Justin
Clarke County Sheriff is using DMR (Digital Mobile Radio) which the 396XT cannot decode. The database https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=804 does not show any APCO 25 in the county, not sure if there is any P25 digital close enough for you to hear. You should be able to listen to the state patrol (they are analog), check the database https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=618 to see which site(s) is nearest to you and program those frequencies.

You might also want to check out Freescan software FreeSCAN - Sixspot Software to help program and back up your scanner.

Donald