RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Kansas Radio Discussion Forum

Kansas Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Kansas.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 11:10 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

I still don't understand sometimes why it's these small towns that go full enc. I guess as I've mentioned they have there reasons) Heck I heard on my scanner of what took place in Wichita both officers and Dispatch was in the full clear and there on the same P-25 system. as KSICS

Our county is still sporadically using enc. on some things as well all the time on the Drug channel, but it was kind of funny this one S.O. Officer one early morning was thinking he was talking with encryption on and was not, he said o Crap I need to flip the switch.. from there

Didn't here anymore of that conversation.
Sponsored links
Old 07-27-2014, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear780ks View Post
I still don't understand sometimes why it's these small towns that go full enc. I guess as I've mentioned they have there reasons) Heck I heard on my scanner of what took place in Wichita both officers and Dispatch was in the full clear and there on the same P-25 system. as KSICS

Our county is still sporadically using enc. on some things as well all the time on the Drug channel, but it was kind of funny this one S.O. Officer one early morning was thinking he was talking with encryption on and was not, he said o Crap I need to flip the switch.. from there

Didn't here anymore of that conversation.
Because it eliminates the possibility of being held accountable by the public. IF a small town has no way to know what's going on with their law enforcement personnel in real time, then it's practically impossible for law enforcement to be 100% transparent and trustworthy. And small towns already have issues with law enforcement not being consistent with the application and enforcement of laws...
Old 09-30-2014, 12:28 PM

Default KDWP organization

Okay, I've tried digging through this thread to find any context on my issue and can't find any. So here goes.

The Kansas Dept. of Wildlife & Parks is divided into 5 Regions (1 thru 5 or A/B/C/F/H, as seen here --> Regional Offices / Locations / KDWPT Info / KDWPT - KDWPT), but the KSICS has talkgroups for 7 regions, as if they were aligned with KHP's troop organization:

Kansas Statewide Interoperable Communication System (KSICS) Trunking System, Statewide, Kansas - Scanner Frequencies

Anyone have any idea what the heck is going on with this? Trying to setup a profile for my 197 organized by KHP Troop, and then with various other scan lists organized by region and content.
Old 10-03-2014, 7:21 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Are there any wildlife agents in Wyandotte or Johnson county Ks?
Old 10-03-2014, 9:24 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Checking fishing licenses all the time. Most comm from that org is encrypted from what i have monitored.
Old 10-03-2014, 9:38 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thank you.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:48 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Wildlife & Parks

the 2 Wildlife & Parks officers that i know both operate with the local countries they work in . the one that i'm good friends with works 2 counties here in NC Kansas , but may go to the area lakes or where every he needs to go. around here i hear them go 10-8 in the local country dispatch. i hear very little activity with the KHP troop C dispatch. they will run 27's , 28's and 29's with the local law enforcement and will help local LE every now and then. i have not heard other Wildlife & Parks officers lately used to hear a couple officers working enforcement 1 was always encrypted and the others in the open i've had also heard KBI like that , but i don't think they know it.
Old 10-04-2014, 3:29 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0mxi View Post
the 2 Wildlife & Parks officers that i know both operate with the local countries they work in . the one that i'm good friends with works 2 counties here in NC Kansas , but may go to the area lakes or where every he needs to go. around here i hear them go 10-8 in the local country dispatch. i hear very little activity with the KHP troop C dispatch. they will run 27's , 28's and 29's with the local law enforcement and will help local LE every now and then. i have not heard other Wildlife & Parks officers lately used to hear a couple officers working enforcement 1 was always encrypted and the others in the open i've had also heard KBI like that , but i don't think they know it.
Same, when I did see them on the Parks & Rec TG they were doing a sting at Waconda. They never used Mitchell counties freqs nor asked for any assistance. They have two officers 1175 & 1176 plus a boat that run everything through Mitchell county, however, I think they are Park Police... Up here in North Central Kansas they used the Dist 4 Dodge City TG (IIRC) going from memory...

Tags
interoperable, kansas statewide system, ksics, p25, sticky