KC metro fire station map

Status
Not open for further replies.

factorone

Hey guys,

Awhile back, I decided to try and get a visual idea of how apparatus and personnel were distributed throughout the metro area, so I took it upon myself to map out as many of the fire stations on the major departments in the KC area as I could find. Check it out:

Kansas City Metro Fire station locations - Google Maps

I believe I have about 90% of everything listed, with exception to Independence and some of the Platte County and Clay County stuff on the MO-side of things. I have verified all of the Johnson County units and KCKFD's apparatus, as well as most of Leavenworth County.

Then I got ambitious and did Wichita/Sedgwick County as well:

Wichita Metro Fire/EMS Stations - Google Maps

I also have one for the Denver area, but being that that's in the evil state of Colorado, it's not relevant here. ;P

My next project is to incorporate the MAST units assigned with their new KCFD houses, as well as MedAct in JoCo. Let me know what you guys think.

dgruver911

Nice job on the Wichita map...just one omission if I might...what about the Emergency Management Station and reserve Fire units (is it still on Tyler?) I think the unit numbers are all 300 series I think they have an engine and squad maybe more?

SCPD

QRT
Hey guys,

I also have one for the Denver area, but being that that's in the evil state of Colorado, it's not relevant here. ;P

My next project is to incorporate the MAST units assigned with their new KCFD houses, as well as MedAct in JoCo. Let me know what you guys think.

Evil Colorado? There must be a story there...... However I would love the Denver map if you don't mind.
Jason

factorone

Evil Colorado? There must be a story there...... However I would love the Denver map if you don't mind.
Jason

It's a joke I have with some relatives that live in the Castle Rock and Colorado Springs areas. ;P

Here's the Denver Map:

Denver Metro Area Fire Stations - Google Maps

Nice job on the Wichita map...just one omission if I might...what about the Emergency Management Station and reserve Fire units (is it still on Tyler?) I think the unit numbers are all 300 series I think they have an engine and squad maybe more?

I honestly have no idea. I did all of this from available info online, so it's not impossible that I missed something (in fact, I'd probably bet money on it). I live up in KC area, so it's not often I get to hit the Wichita area to do anything, much less verify this. I think I'll have to do a one-day road trip sometime and make sure this is all legit.

n0lqt

There used to be a sign along I-70 back in the late 70's between Goodland KS and Burlington, CO.
It said, "Welcome to Kansas, Please set your watch back 30 years."

dgruver911

Well, good news and bad news re: Sedgwick County Fire Reserve. I found this website:
Wichita-Sedgwick County Fire Reserve
which talks about the old station 300 on Tyler, which apparently was sold off 2 years ago. It appears that the 3 engines and a squad were to be moved to the old SCFD station 2 at 53rd and I135 but some changes were made by EM and it says they reduced the number of vehicles to 2 and split them between 2 stations, but doesn't say which stations. And the tab it says to go to for station is blank.

factorone

There used to be a sign along I-70 back in the late 70's between Goodland KS and Burlington, CO.
It said, "Welcome to Kansas, Please set your watch back 30 years."

I've seen that sign before. KDOT took it down a few years back after it became a ritual for FHSU college kids to go out on the weekends and take pics with it. ;P

Well, good news and bad news re: Sedgwick County Fire Reserve. I found this website:
Wichita-Sedgwick County Fire Reserve
which talks about the old station 300 on Tyler, which apparently was sold off 2 years ago. It appears that the 3 engines and a squad were to be moved to the old SCFD station 2 at 53rd and I135 but some changes were made by EM and it says they reduced the number of vehicles to 2 and split them between 2 stations, but doesn't say which stations. And the tab it says to go to for station is blank.

I think I remember seeing that website while trying to find all the stations for Sedgwick Co. EMS, and yeah, followed up on it with the same results you had.

EDIT: I'm stuck on where I should go with this project next. Should I do places like St. Louis, Omaha, Des Moines, Tulsa, OKC, etc.? Or should I fill out the state of Kansas first?

Last edited:

smokeator

Premium Subscriber
Here are a couple I seen for KC Metro

Claycomo Fire Department‎
333 NE 69 Hwy
Kansas City, MO 64108

Sugar Creek Fire Department
1001 Heroes Way
Sugar Creek, MO

factorone

Here are a couple I seen for KC Metro

Claycomo Fire Department‎
333 NE 69 Hwy
Kansas City, MO 64108

Sugar Creek Fire Department
1001 Heroes Way
Sugar Creek, MO

I'll add these on Monday.

I went ahead and did Colorado Springs on a whim Friday afternoon:

Colorado Springs Fire Stations - Google Maps

It's not complete yet, but I'll have the major fire districts on the outer edges of town and in the foothills added Monday afternoon.

I also had an individual (I don't know who it is on here) email me info for Topeka/Shawnee County, so I'll be doing that Monday afternoon, and it's likely I'll add Lawrence/Douglas County in there with it (make it one map). I guess I'll finish up Colorado Springs, and then start to try and fill out the rest of the state of Kansas with a few big maps.

Game on.

Status
Not open for further replies.