National Fire Freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

perry_kansas

Feed Provider
I should probably know this but some help would be appreciated!!

I broadcast two freq's they are police/sheriff and the other is fire/ems my question is this when there is a fire or fire related broadcast you can her dispatch and of course all of the different fire fighters responding to the call BUT after several minutes of everybody getting on scene somebody always speaks up and tells everybody else to go to ( NATIONAL FIRE ) then you can't here them anymore because they are on a different freq so they don't tie up the normal fire freq, then when they are done talking on ( NATIONAL FIRE ) and are wrapping things up they go back to the normal freq to let dispatch know that they are returning to quarters.

So can somebody help me find the freq they are calling NATIONAL FIRE so I can ad it to my stream.

I broadcast out of JEFFERSON COUNTY KANSAS.

THANKS!!

Last edited:
around here in AZ we don't call it NATIONAL FIRE it was state mutual aid. 154.2800 this is a pretty common fire frequency nation wide. The feds over the past couple years stepped in and are now calling it VFIRE21. This is because everyone was calling that frequency something different. Like I said we called it state mutual aid, the peoples republic of california called it white or white net. My bet though would be it is the VFIRE21 (154.2800) frequency though. You can also download the NIFOG put out by DHS DHS | National Interoperability Field Operations Guide

This has a lot of good information for all over the USA.

jfpolacko

Premium Subscriber
That's the same frequency here in the state of Wisconsin they call it Fire-ground White with frequency of (154.28000 with a PL code of 74.4) and its a simplex system so its pretty much radio to radio and normally you cant hear anything unless your close to the fire ground... but Fire Master 21 is right that's a common frequency nation wide.. but some states may use a repeater and some won't just depends on the state. Also on another note that there is a 700 MHz Plan that was listed under state Interop that's National but it list's both Fire and Police but that's unknown if those frequencies are in use I used to monitor them but never heard any activity but that still varies from state to state...

Last edited:

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
I should probably know this but some help would be appreciated!!

I broadcast two freq's they are police/sheriff and the other is fire/ems my question is this when there is a fire or fire related broadcast you can her dispatch and of course all of the different fire fighters responding to the call BUT after several minutes of everybody getting on scene somebody always speaks up and tells everybody else to go to ( NATIONAL FIRE ) then you can't here them anymore because they are on a different freq so they don't tie up the normal fire freq, then when they are done talking on ( NATIONAL FIRE ) and are wrapping things up they go back to the normal freq to let dispatch know that they are returning to quarters.

So can somebody help me find the freq they are calling NATIONAL FIRE so I can ad it to my stream.

I broadcast out of JEFFERSON COUNTY KANSAS.
THANKS!!

Go here: Jefferson County, Kansas (KS) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

and put all these in your radio.

then add the :

Common Public Safety - The RadioReference Wiki

Frequency set and you might just find out where they went.

JF county ain't that large frequency wise.

So finding out what is what should be EZ.

And most of the agencies use 100.0 Hz CTCSS tone and or 114.8 &110.9 CTCSS tone.

good luck
Harry

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
As you may know, Jefferson County dispatches all of the fire departments countywide on a single, repeated common dispatch channel, which has output 158.82000.

Because 12 fire departments are sharing this dispatch channel, when they arrive at a scene every department has their own fireground channel- most of these fireground channels are low power VHF simplex setups, but some have low power repeaters. Because of the low power of these channels (they are meant to be used around a fireground, not to talk any distance) you likely won't be able to hear most traffic unless you are within a few miles or have a really impressive antenna setup.

Why call it "national fire"? Who knows. At some point in the past that is what they called it and it stuck. The fire service is all about tradition- why change.

crash1dog

Premium Subscriber
National Fire in Jefferson County, KS is short for National Fire Mutual Aid, also known as NWCG fire white. The frequency is 154.28000 and will be narrow banded this week along with all other frequencies in the County. It is licensed with the FCC under the callsign of WPME270. We are also programming VFIRE21 in most of the fire radios, it is the same frequency with the PL of 156.7

It is run in simplex mode and you will only be able to pick it up on the calls around Perry. On a side note you will be able to hear Lifestar's traffic when they are en-route to a call in Douglas County.

perry_kansas

Feed Provider
National Fire in Jefferson County, KS is short for National Fire Mutual Aid, also known as NWCG fire white. The frequency is 154.28000 and will be narrow banded this week along with all other frequencies in the County. It is licensed with the FCC under the callsign of WPME270. We are also programming VFIRE21 in most of the fire radios, it is the same frequency with the PL of 156.7

It is run in simplex mode and you will only be able to pick it up on the calls around Perry. On a side note you will be able to hear Lifestar's traffic when they are en-route to a call in Douglas County.

Thanks for the info!! I went ahead and put in the 154.28000 to see how it goes.

Please forgive me for not knowing but what are you saying in this comment below and is it relevant to my setup?

" We are also programming VFIRE21 in most of the fire radios, it is the same frequency with the PL of 156.7 "

crash1dog

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info!! I went ahead and put in the 154.28000 to see how it goes.

Please forgive me for not knowing but what are you saying in this comment below and is it relevant to my setup?

" We are also programming VFIRE21 in most of the fire radios, it is the same frequency with the PL of 156.7 "
The only reason I bring this up is some of the higher end scanners allow the use of PL or CTCSS codes. If you only have to input the frequency you will hear both and will not need to worry about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.