Topeka vs KCK Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

retiredmich

Here lately on my RS PRO 106 I have notice that I receive Weather reports from the Weather Department from Topeka Ks regarding information pertaining to County's the Topeka Weather broadcast for other County's in the Topeka Area & it is LOUD & CLEAR for the distance between Leavenworth & Topeka, that's fine, BUT, what I don't get is that when Pleasant Hill's Weather out of Kansas City broadcast Weather report's I don't get them hardly at all. So why do I get Topeka Weather Loud & clear & not KC ?

KS0USA

Here lately on my RS PRO 106 I have notice that I receive Weather reports from the Weather Department from Topeka Ks regarding information pertaining to County's the Topeka Weather broadcast for other County's in the Topeka Area & it is LOUD & CLEAR for the distance between Leavenworth & Topeka, that's fine, BUT, what I don't get is that when Pleasant Hill's Weather out of Kansas City broadcast Weather report's I don't get them hardly at all. So why do I get Topeka Weather Loud & clear & not KC ?

Here in Topeka with an outside antenna I get 162.550 (Kansas City) occasionally, but not all the time. I can get 162.425 (near Emporia) most of the time, but not all the time. And that's with the PRO-652. I have a Uniden BCT8 that receives about the same, but seems a tad stronger in signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.