Westar MARMTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Heard a Moto 3600 control signal on 935.925, SID 4033, Site 25 which looks like it is Westar's Ellsmore site in Allen Co which is consistent with other signals heard with tropo enhancement going on.

The Site ID was "MARMTN" - is there some mountain (in Kansas?) that starts with Mar nearby? what else could this refer to?

Thanks

W

nec911

Heard a Moto 3600 control signal on 935.925, SID 4033, Site 25 which looks like it is Westar's Ellsmore site in Allen Co which is consistent with other signals heard with tropo enhancement going on.

The Site ID was "MARMTN" - is there some mountain (in Kansas?) that starts with Mar nearby? what else could this refer to?

Thanks

W

Sounds like from the location that it is either in the small town of Marmaton or in that township.

KE0MD

The whole area around Moran & Elsmore in eastern Allen Co is often referred to as the Marmaton Valley, and the Marmaton River passes thru there. So I'd say that's what you are getting!

N0JRD

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard any traffic on Westar's 900mhz system anymore? I've been listing to the Topeka site for a couple days and haven't heard anything. Thinking they might have moved to DMR. Been listing to some DMR frequencies around me and sound like possibly linemen and talking about power outages.

Status
Not open for further replies.