Does anyone use Scannerlink.com/ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskarma

Do any of the Topeka/Shawnee RadioReference members use the service of http://scannerlink.com/ ? It will provide two channels of scanner activity and the services monitored are the usual PD, Sheriff, HP, etc. I have been listening to the traffic there for about a week ...but...the last couple of days I only get a message that the Server is busy and can't accept new users. This has happened at all hours of the day...even 3AM..it's hard to believe that there are that many people who are logged on...
Does anyone have any experience with this? I sent a note to the Admin...just waiting for a response.
Kyle

SKINNY1

The Link belongs to Robert Nall, WV0S in Topeka. It only has so many nodes and when it is full you'll have to wait till someone logs off

Skinny

kskarma

Scannerlink...

Thanks for the additional info.... I can get the other services, just NOT the local ones..!! I know Robert Nall...and see his name connected with the site... Is the entire operation run by him...or does he just contribute the Topeka/Shawnee portion?? Any idea how many people can be logged on before the server is clogged??

Kyle

robbob340

Scanner Link

Nothing personal against the site owner/operator, but he is asking for donations to "increase bandwidth". The connection is hosted on a home dsl line. If he was uplinking to a off site hosting I would donate a small amount. However, this stream has been online for quite awhile and has yet to be moved to a hosting center, this is the reason for the connections denied. He just does not have the bandwidth to support more than 4-5 listeners.

ksfirefighter

Premium Subscriber
I would be very interested in paying to listen to Topeka/Shawnee Scanner via internet. Is there anyother site to listen? I have had the same trouble with Scannerlink.

kskarma

Topeka Scannerlink update...

I got a nice note from Robert Nall about this situation. He confirmed that he has only a limited bandwidth for this scanner feed at this time. He said there is a one-hour timer on each user that is connected to keep people from 'hogging' the server or forgetting to log off at the end of their session. The operation indeed is run from his home and he said he has had very few contributions to expand the services or move to a more robust server. In fact, I was the first (!) person to contribute this year.... If you do contribute, you will get a priority spot and be able to log on anytime you want. The operation here is just a part of the 'Ring' and he is responsible only for the Topeka/Shawnee Co. portion of the service. I hope this helps...10-4?

robbob340

Idea!

kskarma said:
I got a nice note from Robert Nall about this situation. He confirmed that he has only a limited bandwidth for this scanner feed at this time. He said there is a one-hour timer on each user that is connected to keep people from 'hogging' the server or forgetting to log off at the end of their session. The operation indeed is run from his home and he said he has had very few contributions to expand the services or move to a more robust server. In fact, I was the first (!) person to contribute this year.... If you do contribute, you will get a priority spot and be able to log on anytime you want. The operation here is just a part of the 'Ring' and he is responsible only for the Topeka/Shawnee Co. portion of the service. I hope this helps...10-4?

Thank you for the confirmation, Before I email Mr. Nall with a nifty idea so more people can use his service I would like to get feedback. I think a short 5-7 second advertisement before the stream started would not be a problem, maybe he could get a local radio/scanner shop to agree to this at say 2-5 cents a stream and he could make enough to pay for hosting. http://www.fast-serv.com/web/?action=shoutcast_hosting

Maybe even a replay of the ad every hour someone is online listening?
Would anyone have a problem listening to a 7 second ad at the beginning and maybe every hour to have a good, reliable stream from Topeka? Just throwing ideas out there!

scantopeka

Site Down?

Does anybody know why the scannerlink.com website is down? I have had problems with it today. Also on a side note does anybody know anything about the scankansascity.com website?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.