It's Derby time again 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerk

Does anybody have unitrunker or trunker in the Louisville Area?

I've been listening to RCS (Louisville Two-way) lately, and as I've seen their radios in use, most are no longer Type I radios. In fact all I've seen is Type II or Type IIi hybrid radios.
I'm thinking their fleet maps has changed with all of the newer radios in use. Some of the id's I'm seeing seem to be pure Type II. Any ideas? I suspect the same for the Louisville-Jeff system and the RCS one in Floyd County Indiana as well. I saw a new portable on a metro worker the other day, and there seems to be more usage as well, though I don't regularly monitor it.

Second, with Derby and Thunder cranking up, RCS radio use is increasing.
I did get a Brantley Security group, identified by the users, but I was using a different fleet map, so I don't know if it accurate for the current listed RR fleet map.
So it's time to update the listing before the big events and so I've started this thread to get that going. And If I can get unitrunker on my portable computer (and the battery holds out) I will try to do a day of monitoring.

jerk

Right now with some preliminary checking, I had a Sunday Evening meeting in the Metro area, and I left the scanner in search and store mode.

I have several Talkgroups, which I guess are all security as I don't think anybody else would be using radios on Sunday evening but security type people.

Anyway, it's looking like Block 7 is Type II only by spreadsheet. And possibly Block 0 is Type II also, but I'm fairly certain Block 7 is Type II; I will have to do some monitoring to see if what I stored matches by monitoring.

jerk

Okay, I was wrong last night. Today as I was checking, still lots of Type I groups in use.
Though, I still think the fleetmap is not correct, I'm still, trying to puzzle it all out.

Currently using preset map 2 for Uniden.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And don't forget, you can use the Wiki to catalog frequencies, talkgroups and so on. That way whatever you all find won't get lost in the messages come next year.

73 Mike

jerk

ka3jjz said:
And don't forget, you can use the Wiki to catalog frequencies, talkgroups and so on. That way whatever you all find won't get lost in the messages come next year.

73 Mike
That's probably the best idea. Though I'm thinking some of the radios are rentals, so they might use different talkgroups from year to year.

They did rent some radio in the past, I used to see on the back of the KDF programs a list of sponsers and companies that provided services and equipment to the festival and I would see Radio Communications Systems (RCS) listed every year. Weather this is still the case I don't know.

kd4bas

Monitoring, Hanging Out, & --mn-@v@-mn-- you.
Premium Subscriber
While in Louisville waiting for a doctors appointment yesterday, I monitored the following talk groups:

1025-1 Mentioning building checks and locations (I was driving so i didn't get to copy the locations)

700-04 Heard this talkgroup also mentioning building checks & locations "Unit #, Clear"

0110-1 Mentioning applance parts & service [110-01 Appliance repair/delivery - Listed in Radio Communications System (800 MHz) System ]

jerk

Well, I've figured out which ID's belong in which block, that was the simple part.
I still have two blocks with zero ID's.

I am still logging and hazarding guesses. I am watching the system as a Type II with Status bit enabled. Still have a ways to go.

kd4bas

Monitoring, Hanging Out, & --mn-@v@-mn-- you.
Premium Subscriber
newsalan said:
Well, I've figured out which ID's belong in which block, that was the simple part.
I still have two blocks with zero ID's.

I am still logging and hazarding guesses. I am watching the system as a Type II with Status bit enabled. Still have a ways to go.

newsalan,
Is there a diffrent setting I need to set my Pro 96 or just leave it as it sets, Fleet map shows the following:
Presets: E1P8
0: S01 5: S03
1: S01 6: S04
2: S02 7: S04
3: S02
4: S03

I just want to make sure that when I'm there (off & on) that I can track right and hopefully help ID a few of the talkgroups

jerk

kd4bas said:
newsalan,
Is there a diffrent setting I need to set my Pro 96 or just leave it as it sets, Fleet map shows the following:
Presets: E1P8
0: S01 5: S03
1: S01 6: S04
2: S02 7: S04
3: S02
4: S03

I just want to make sure that when I'm there (off & on) that I can track right and hopefully help ID a few of the talkgroups
That is the current one listed, but 80% sure that it is wrong. I know E1P2 does not work. Right now I'm using E1P1, but that's just a guess.

I'm still checking things out and guessing. I still see two blocks that are not being used in the fleetmap.

I'll do some more playing around tonight and see. I'm going to message the moderators, all the current ID's need to be removed and everybody start over, there are some duplicate ID's with different names, some from a couple of years ago, and some from last year.

jerk

If you have the space in your scanner try the E1P1 pre-programmed fleet map and see how that works.

I was monitoring Churchhill Downs security (Brantley) today, and they switched from Channel 2 and came back to Channel 2 which with this fleet map equals 700-2
Lucky guess or reading to much into it?

jerk

Need ID's from Blocks 3 & 4

I have been monitoring this RCS system, and I have yet to see a radio ID from Block 3 or 4
This would be an id in the range of 24576 -- 32767 or 32768 -- 40595

My set-up is a system in my Uniden BCD396 programmed as Type II, Status bit enabled, so I see individual id, and then using auto store to capture the ID's Then I have the system programmed as a Type I and I vary the fleet maps to see if I hear all of the radio traffic.

jerk

I am attaching an Excel Spreadsheet of digital ID's for RCS system if anybody would like to guess at a fleetmap.

It is tab delimited text file, sorry not excel.

Attachments

• RCS Guesses.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 142

jerk

newsalan said:
I am attaching an Excel Spreadsheet of digital ID's for RCS system if anybody would like to guess at a fleetmap.
It is tab delimited text file, sorry not excel.

Ok I'm closer I think, now to do some testing. The Blocks we want is Block 6 & 7 and S-12 seems to fit what I've discovered. And this does change what is already in the database, but I think I can convert these.

It looks like Block 0 S-1; Block 1 = S-2; Block 3 = S-3, still not certain about this one.
Block 3 & 4 I've seen no ID's yet, so I'm thinking this might be a double block like S-12 or S-13
It could still be rental radios and they are not in use, but they are setting up the Thunder Command post today.

Block 5 = S-5 also uncertain about this as well. I thinking it's more like S-3 or S-4 or S-8
S-4 = 512 radios, S-3 = 128 radios, S-8 also 128 radios.

jerk

newsalan said:
Ok I'm closer I think, now to do some testing. The Blocks we want is Block 6 & 7 and S-12 seems to fit what I've discovered. And this does change what is already in the database, but I think I can convert these.

It looks like Block 0 S-1; Block 1 = S-2; Block 3 = S-3, still not certain about this one.
Block 3 & 4 I've seen no ID's yet, so I'm thinking this might be a double block like S-12 or S-13
It could still be rental radios and they are not in use, but they are setting up the Thunder Command post today.

Block 5 = S-5 also uncertain about this as well. I thinking it's more like S-3 or S-4 or S-8
S-4 = 512 radios, S-3 = 128 radios, S-8 also 128 radios.

S-12 is too big for Blocks 6 & 7
And I heard something interesting, There are two, maybe three different groups sharing the same radio TG. Seems weird.

jerk

Okay, Fleet Map possibility
b0=S-1 or S-0 Both seems to work, to be determined by listening. If I turn status bit off, this works, otherwise S-1 fits, and is the only one that does.
B1=S-4
B2=S-4
B3=S-4
B4=S-4
B5=S-4
All of the above allow 512 radios in each block, with 16 sub-fleets
B6=S12 512 Radio
(B7=S12) 512 Radios 16 sub-sleets per blocks, 2 blocks.
The last two may or may not fit, it fits with what I currently have, listening will determine if it does.

people need to listen and check to make sure there are no x000-00 groups on any of the Blocks, which is an fleet all-call.
And second, make sure that there is one group per ID, but I think there are two groups, maybe three groups, using the same TG, but different group ID's (Security, cleanup, street cleaning)

BigDog-911

newsalan said:
Okay, Fleet Map possibility
b0=S-1 or S-0 Both seems to work, to be determined by listening. If I turn status bit off, this works, otherwise S-1 fits, and is the only one that does.
B1=S-4
B2=S-4
B3=S-4
B4=S-4
B5=S-4
All of the above allow 512 radios in each block, with 16 sub-fleets
B6=S12 512 Radio
(B7=S12) 512 Radios 16 sub-sleets per blocks, 2 blocks.
The last two may or may not fit, it fits with what I currently have, listening will determine if it does.

people need to listen and check to make sure there are no x000-00 groups on any of the Blocks, which is an fleet all-call.
And second, make sure that there is one group per ID, but I think there are two groups, maybe three groups, using the same TG, but different group ID's (Security, cleanup, street cleaning)

I wish I brought my scanner to work today. There is one talk group that several different entities use and you will talk of street cleaning, clean up and things like that. That is Brantley Security and their Block Improvement District units. They are also known as Derby City Ambassadors or something like that. When I get home this evening I will get the talk group number that I have and post it.

Doug

jerk

BigDog-911 said:
I wish I brought my scanner to work today. There is one talk group that several different entities use and you will talk of street cleaning, clean up and things like that. That is Brantley Security and their Block Improvement District units. They are also known as Derby City Ambassadors or something like that. When I get home this evening I will get the talk group number that I have and post it.

Doug
Ok I have that, though it's changed with the fleet map changes.
But they identify as Derby, Bat, Security, and I'm not sure the Sierra Units are on the same group, it seems to me they should have a separate group.

BigDog-911

newsalan said:
Ok I have that, though it's changed with the fleet map changes.
But they identify as Derby, Bat, Security, and I'm not sure the Sierra Units are on the same group, it seems to me they should have a separate group.

I thought so too but I have yet to find out what the Sierra units do. I never hear them unless it is the hourly rollcall. I still think they may be Security working at Kroger. I guess I need to take an hourly trip to Krogers with the handy dandy scanner...LOl...I think I need some milk tonight....

D

jerk

BigDog-911 said:
I thought so too but I have yet to find out what the Sierra units do. I never hear them unless it is the hourly rollcall. I still think they may be Security working at Kroger. I guess I need to take an hourly trip to Krogers with the handy dandy scanner...LOl...I think I need some milk tonight....

D
I thought they were supply chain solutions people.
But they are "timely" and that’s a good thing if we could find out where one is located.

And I think Brantley does U of L hospital also or used to, been a long time since I've been on the upper floors and New Years I was in Room Nine but no scanner. (Visiting) Not a Patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.