Unidentified Foxtrot-Golf Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerk

Foxtrot Golf stands for Federal-Government, sort of hiding in plain site.

I've picked up some frequencies, and I'll post them here, but others tend to get lost in the unidentified thread for new licenses and such.

So I would like to see federal/military separated out here if that's okay with you Charlie. And could you make it a sticky.
And we have a UHF air thread as well. yet, there's lots we are missing here.

Okay, today I picked up these, and some may be images.
I usually check with my Uniden or Yaesu, the Uniden was worthless today on VHF.
162.9125 digital & encrypted. Some traffic in the clear.
165.7500 165.5 PL Carrier only
168.1375 DCS072 Brief transmission.
173.4875 PL 159.8 Sounds like an image.
408.1000 no tone, image?
409.7000 no tone, image?
164.8125 DCS143 Louisville Postal facility.
143.7500 Columbus CAP flight PL 203.3 (I'm thinking Ohio, only heard the plane's side of traffic)

Last edited:

BigDog-911

That is correct Alan, it is a frequency that sounds like it being used to pickup mail at the different satellite post offices and taken back to either Gardiner Lane or Crittenden Dr. I have been monitoring this one a lot lately.

jerk

That is correct Alan, it is a frequency that sounds like it being used to pickup mail at the different satellite post offices and taken back to either Gardiner Lane or Crittenden Dr. I have been monitoring this one a lot lately.

I've got two more I'll post soon, and the encrypted one might be postal as well. lots of gates, slides, locks, personal clear... etc.

But I believe I've caught two more, one is a positive id. I have trip scheduled tomorrow to Louisville, so I might get up close.

I need to redo my spreadsheet, have not been keeping up with changes.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
If y'all could, plz submit the freqs that are identified so we can get them in the data base.... I can go thru the thread and glean them, but with the submissions there is a trace to follow in case something gets mixed up by my aging fingers....

jerk

If y'all could, plz submit the freqs that are identified so we can get them in the data base.... I can go thru the thread and glean them, but with the submissions there is a trace to follow in case something gets mixed up by my aging fingers....
Sure will, some I just want to have checked as to usage. One or two appear to have different PL tones as well.
These are all USPS main post office related.
168.1378 USPS DCS072
168.8125 USPS Trucks Mail Transport Trucks DCS143
406.1375 USPS Postal Ops DCS172

Census Bureau
407.9750 Census Security New Census Bureau freq 118.8
409.9250 Maintenance Census 151.4

Last edited:

jerk

This one I'm not sure where it's located. I think it's in the Louisville area.
138.4250 appears to be analog encrypted.

jerk

I've heard, but don't have it confirmed, that they can switch modes with their system.... they were both at Churchill for The Derby....

Well, we'll just have to figure that out won't we...:wink:
I have a road trip today to the city, and made some changes to my scanner, so hopefully I can figure something out a little better.

jerk

update on 162.9125 digital & encrypted. Some traffic in the clear.

I checked this several times while down by the river. The signal is weak, I get about 2 bars. So I'm thinking it out by the airport or farther out than that. Air national Guard or Post Office, though before rebanding postal inspectors were on UHF.

No reception that I could hear at the V.A.

BigDog-911

I have been hearing that for a while. When it is in the clear it sounds like a dispatcher or console operator. Talks about units being off property for the remainder,gates being opened and things like that. I have heard it loud and clear in most Louisville areas as well as Fort Knox when I went on my excursion last month. I kind of thought it might be Federal Building Security or something like that. The rear lot is fenced in and the front of the Mazzoli Building has the gate system on it.

We must find the cause of this chatter....lol....

D

jerk

I have been hearing that for a while. When it is in the clear it sounds like a dispatcher or console operator. Talks about units being off property for the remainder,gates being opened and things like that. I have heard it loud and clear in most Louisville areas as well as Fort Knox when I went on my excursion last month. I kind of thought it might be Federal Building Security or something like that. The rear lot is fenced in and the front of the Mazzoli Building has the gate system on it.

D

I'm pretty sure I've got that frequency (Courthouse)... just can't find out where I wrote it down. But heard the correct streets and block. I need to use my spreadsheet more often to track this stuff. Any chance of getting a recorder on the frequency. Transmissions are really brief, an the BCD396 is not working the best for this one.

On this other 162.xxx anybody have NAC code on it. That sometimes helps to narrow it down. Also, appears to have some analog key ups at times.

I did not receive it any better under the I-64 (Slugger field) bridge today. So I'm still think it's out by the airport or the Watterson. It's a cool place for monitoring, temp wise, noisy with all the traffic, but right in the heart of everything. Needed to use attenuation today on the Pro-164 because of images. Also got some images on the Uniden.

jerk

168.1375 DCS072 is the repeater input for this.

jerk

D

Also active on weekends and Labor day. I would think the courthouse would be all but dead.
Still searching.

BigDog-911

Also active on weekends and Labor day. I would think the courthouse would be all but dead.
Still searching.

I was thinking either courthouse or mazolli federal building on chestnut. I know there is activity with people coming in and out as well as the rear gated parking lot between the courthouse and the fed building.

Doug

jerk

I was thinking either courthouse or mazolli federal building on chestnut. I know there is activity with people coming in and out as well as the rear gated parking lot between the courthouse and the fed building.

Doug

Are they two separate buildings? I need to circle the block a few times down there...
But I don't want to be explaining myself either.

Status
Not open for further replies.