KY State Police Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemedic2150

Database Admin
Ksp

Not to be a smart @$$ but if you will look at the database for KY and look at the state police you will find all of the information you are looking for.

Mark Mc.

pblumer

Comounty87 said:
Looking for KY State Police freqs. for Post 1 & 2.

firemedic2150 said:
Not to be a smart @$$ but if you will look at the database for KY and look at the state police you will find all of the information you are looking for.

Mark Mc

Hey read rule #1 under your signature LOL!

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Hi Comounty87... Welcome to the board! Did you find the info you were looking for.... if not let me know and I will try to point you in the right direction...

Comounty87

Premium Subscriber
Unit Charlie, I found several frequencies in the database for KY SP but not sure if all of them are used on a regular basis. Looking for the main ones used in Posts 1 & 2.

Comounty87

pblumer

sorry for being a smart one too comounty87 but in all seriousness you can prolly figure they will use the Digital freqs for your area and 155.370 for mutual aid also the Vehicle Enforcement on 453.300 Analog Mode. Those are prolly what you are looking for.

Patrick M. Blumer

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
The KSP system is set up so there are freqs that cover different counties within a Post area.... you'll see two freqs listed for each transmitter site, one is Dispatch or "B" the other is essentially car-to-car or "A".... you may or may not be able to receive on all the listed freqs unless you are mobile. At the bottom of the KSP Freq page you will find the KSP Statewide listings.... these are used but not always active. The Mobile Repeater/Extender freqs are active in some areas..... The KVE Freq is used by more than 30 state agencies including KSP and KVE.....

Where are you located and what do you want to monitor.... what kind of scanner(s) are you using?

Comounty87

Premium Subscriber
Located in SWestern IL but travel through those areas on occassion. Have a Bearcat 796D. I'm happy with it so far. Last time I passed through that part of KY was last month. Had alot of the uhf frequencies programmed in but didn't hear anything other than a traffic stop along I-24. It looked like the transmission was on a vhf freq., but I didn't have a chance to look real close since I was driving. Heard both the car & base. I'll try some of these other uhf freqs. on my next trip down that way next month. Thanks for the update.

sound_efex

my listining post is on the post 1 and 2 border in caldwell co.

My most reliable post 2 repeaters are Crittenden and Hopkins Co. For post 1, Lyon and McCracken. Livingston Co. is good but has been prone to locking up.

I have monitored all of the post 1 freqs with the exception of Trigg co., and occasionally will get Christian Co. for post 2. I have gotten no activity on the Lyon Co. post 2 freqs.

Hope that helps.

Post 1
453.58750 Alternate McCracken County
460.13750 Dispatch McCracken County
460.11250 Alternate Lyon County
460.28750 Dispatch Lyon County

Post 2
460.08750 Alternate Crittenden Countyr
460.23750 Dispatch Crittenden County
460.06250 Alternate Hopkins County
453.71250 Dispatch Hopkins County

Status