• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Scanning audio gaps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

talexhill

Premium Subscriber
When I'm scanning on my NX-300, 320, or 800(H) if I'm not on my priority channel, when it's listening to a channel there are gaps in the audio, or breaks. On my TK-3312, it doesn't do that.

Why does my $260 radio scan perfectly, and my other radios that are above $500 each won't?

Thanks,

Alex

cwb212001

The break in audio is set by the priority lookback time in the scan section of the programming. This is the radio breaking away from the channel it has stopped on during scan to check the priority channel. Kenwood default appears to be every 0.50 seconds to lookback... my opinion too fast. I like 1.1 seconds, but is a preference. It's a balance between how annoying it is vs. how important is it to catch traffic on your priority, especially if someone calling you only takes 1 second of tx time. If you don't like it, remove or have removed the priority channel in your scan settings, or increase the lookback time setting. In some radios there are ways to decrease the amount of time it spends looking at the priority channel but you're talking a few milliseconds difference at best. As far as your $260 radio, if it does have priority scan as a feature, my bet is it's not turned on. Hope this helps

Theroofable

Premium Subscriber
Every kenwood I have seen can do the lookback time. I usually set it to .9 sec.

sanystrom

Premium Subscriber
TK-780 Priority scanning

As a follow up to the audio gaps is there a way to disable the "priority" function using the front panel and not the software?

coling223

Unfortunately, the scan type (pri or non pri) is something that can only be changed in the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.