• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Did my TK-730H go bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesox4life

I had my TK-730H programmed at the local Kenwood shop last week but he messed up on the input frequencies. Once my programming cable arrived, I read the radio and changed the few frequencies that needed it along with an incorrect PL tone and activated off hook scan (mic hangers aren't grounded yet). After I wrote the changes to the radio, I have no receive side. The transmit side is still as good as ever, just no receive. Prior to me doing this, the radio worked fine. I have even started with a fresh "data page" and input everything again and still no receive side. Has this radio "junked out" on me? I used the KPG-7D software in command prompt in Windows XP. The cable is from WisComm and is the serial to KPG-4/KPG-22 split cable. I am hoping that this is just an oversight on my part when I programmed it. This radio is used for HAM radio and would like to get it working again with the impending winter storm tomorrow here in Indiana.

did you check all your connections? Is this a remote mount unit? full feature or basic head? Using the KPG-7D did you read the radio first? Did you save a copy? (if not shame on you). Are you sure that you indeed have the right RX frequencies?

whitesox4life

I did check all connections and they are tight (even on the bad cable). This is a dual remote head unit with full feature heads. I did read the radio first as stated in my original post and saved a copy (even though the saved copy will not load up). I have confirmed the RX frequencies as I was hearing other radio traffic on them prior to changing TX frequencies. None of the RX side was touched when I reprogrammed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.