RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Kenwood & EF Johnson Forum

Kenwood & EF Johnson Forum - For discussion of land mobile radio products manufactured by Kenwood or EF Johnson. For discussion of Kenwood Amateur Radio Equipment, please use the Amateur Radio Equipment forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 8:16 PM

Default KMC-41 not working on TK-5210

I bought a used KMC-41 mic to use on my volunteer department's TK-5210, we have one other KMC-41 that works fine on the radio however we have two people working so we need another one and the department didn't want to purchase another one bought one used, unfortunately the KMC-41 I bought will not work. Nothing appears broken it is in pristine condition and when i push the orange button on the mic it will cause DIRECT 1 to appear on the screen so at least something works however when i do a radio check with the mic doesn't pick up anything. I did some digging to see if an earlier thread would solve my problem and I did see an earlier thread where someone was asking a question about programming a KMC-41, so do I need to reprogram it? Is there a way to do a factory reset? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2013, 11:09 AM

Have you used the 'older' mic on both radio? Does it work correctly on both?

Have you tryed the 'new' mic on the other radio? Does it have the same problems?

There is no programming to be done on the mic except to activeate the orange emergency button.

If you push that button and it is showing direct 1, then push the orange button on the radio and see if it shows the same.

In the main kpg program you can turn to e button on/off and to what channel it will active.

Also, if you put your radio on channel 1, what does the display read? If it normally reads direct 1 then the e button is working correctly
Old 08-20-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabletech View Post
Have you used the 'older' mic on both radio? Does it work correctly on both?

Have you tryed the 'new' mic on the other radio? Does it have the same problems?

There is no programming to be done on the mic except to activeate the orange emergency button.

If you push that button and it is showing direct 1, then push the orange button on the radio and see if it shows the same.

In the main kpg program you can turn to e button on/off and to what channel it will active.

Also, if you put your radio on channel 1, what does the display read? If it normally reads direct 1 then the e button is working correctly
Yes i have used the older mic on both radios i have not used the new mic on all the radios because one is missing we have 3 TK-5210 and 1 TK-5220, i have tried the new mic on all three Tk-5210s.

The orange button on the radio does not cause direct one to appear instead it makes the radio say what channel it is one. When on zone 1 channel one the screen says LC Fire, which is the correct channel, our district unfortunately does not use emergency button.
Old 08-20-2013, 5:24 PM

Default Fixed

Well i figured i would try an old trick my father taught me that my grandpa had taught him. I took it apart, disconnected all the wires that where connected to the circuit board, via the removable connectors, inspected the wires and connectors found nothing wrong with either of them, so i put it back together. It now works beautifully.

Tags
handheld mic, kmc-41, tk-5210