RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Kenwood & EF Johnson Forum

Kenwood & EF Johnson Forum - For discussion of land mobile radio products manufactured by Kenwood or EF Johnson. For discussion of Kenwood Amateur Radio Equipment, please use the Amateur Radio Equipment forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 9:15 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default NX5700-5800 programing

Anyone have any experience with the mobile relay function on the KPG-1DN software? I tried to program it,(installed the mobile cable) have both decks configured for mobile relay,but still get errors. Can not get the program to download.
Sponsored links
Old 05-21-2017, 4:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyrelaytech View Post
Anyone have any experience with the mobile relay function on the KPG-1DN software? I tried to program it,(installed the mobile cable) have both decks configured for mobile relay,but still get errors. Can not get the program to download.
I have a user who has one, I will contact him and see if he can help out, I don't use one, but sold it to him.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2017, 10:12 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

KD4EFM, Thanks for the reply, I finally got it to download, operator error, or should I say errors. #1 was trying to use analog to digital mode, and #2 was trying to set up the mobile relay function on both decks of the system. Finally found a user manual from Kenwood with all the programming info on the units 350 pages, and it got me lined out, not I have a cable problem, but am working on it.
Thanks again. DE NI5C
Old 05-24-2017, 10:11 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Mobile relay

Well, got it to work tonight, had a factory cable miswired. One I corrected that, it worked great. Although Ii will just to straight analog to analog or digital to digital. So it looks like I have to buy a new digital UHF handheld.... darn... another radio to play with. My main gripe is that the channels you use are hard programmable only, not selectable, like the old Kenwood or Yaesu Ham crossband repeat stuff... oh well, maybe in the future the programmers will fix this.