RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Kenwood & EF Johnson Forum

Kenwood & EF Johnson Forum - For discussion of land mobile radio products manufactured by Kenwood or EF Johnson. For discussion of Kenwood Amateur Radio Equipment, please use the Amateur Radio Equipment forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2017, 5:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have an email into KWD on your question. Note, allegedly there is talk on leave it or keep it. Right now, nx3000 is not type D capable.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2017, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoflightmedic View Post
Dave, do you know if Kenwood is planning on making the 3_20 radios Type D compatible? right now the NX-720/820 and NX-22/320 are the only ones with a real display that are capable of it, correct?
I'll let Evans run with that. I still can't do import on type-c trunking files into my mobile but have not had time to deal with it. Going to have to because they intend to discontinue x20 series.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2017, 10:13 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I was told some time ago that Kenwood has absolutely NO intention of Type D trunking with the NX3000 series. So it looks like if you do not want Type C trunking on a new system, then you would have to use it in DMR mode and wait for them to have pseudo trunking for DMR to be announced in a few months. Just saying
Old 08-30-2017, 1:15 AM

This really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I've sold 2 Kenwood type d systems and have my own running. So as of october if my clients want to add on radios I have to tell them sorry, I can't help you with Kenwood. The only Kenwood I can help you with in the NX-240 series, no display radio.
Old 08-30-2017, 6:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFFA View Post
This really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I've sold 2 Kenwood type d systems and have my own running. So as of october if my clients want to add on radios I have to tell them sorry, I can't help you with Kenwood. The only Kenwood I can help you with in the NX-240 series, no display radio.
I need to further check but the notice was INTENT to discontinue x20 series. If enough people have something like type D trunking complain, they might delay that. You also have x00 series still available for Type D as well.

Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2017, 8:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS-Dave View Post
I need to further check but the notice was INTENT to discontinue x20 series. If enough people have something like type D trunking complain, they might delay that. You also have x00 series still available for Type D as well.

In some of the information I have found from Kewood, it didn't show the nx-200/300/700/800 as being type d compatible. Sometimes that information is not all that accurate.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2017, 9:59 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

From kenwood, manufacture reps are seeking comment on type d systems, and yes if it is strong enough, they will code firmware for type d in the 3000.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2017, 11:16 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

SAFFA can you contact me? I have a Kenwood Type-D system that I'm having lots of trouble with and I'd love to talk to someone that has one functioning correctly.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Can anyone in this forum help me or advise me on how to purchase the software for the NX 3200? I want programming software that will program DMR as well. Unfortunately my internet didn't load fast enough and I did not see this thread before I posted a new thread basically asking the exact question of what software is needed to program the NX 3200. Now that I know the name and letters that go with it, does anybody on this thread sell the software with DMR capabilities? And if so how much. I can pay through PayPal. Thank you.
Old 09-12-2017, 9:04 AM
Lead Wiki Manager
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

This forum does not condone the buying and selling of copyrighted software without the authorization of the copyright holder. It might be best to contact your Kenwood dealer to see if they can meet your needs. If not, KD4EFM may have some suggestions on where you can obtain a legitimate copy of the software.

"The whole world's living in a digital dream. It's not really there, it's all on the screen." -- WB6ACU
Old 09-12-2017, 9:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9BU View Post
This forum does not condone the buying and selling of copyrighted software without the authorization of the copyright holder. It might be best to contact your Kenwood dealer to see if they can meet your needs. If not, KD4EFM may have some suggestions on where you can obtain a legitimate copy of the software.
What you need is kpg d3n. The software inherently supports DMR, nxdn conventional and trunking, LTR, and conventional analog. If you need wideband programming capability, that is an additional license that has to be applied at the time the software is purchased. Latest version is 1.10. List price is $155.

To expand on W9BU post, this software authenticates from Kenwood when activated. When purchased you get an email license key to activate it. You could buy pirate copies all day long on eBay but it won't work because you won't have a proper license key.

Old 09-12-2017, 1:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Looks like new firmare for the nx 3000 is out v 1.10 also the same for the programing soft ware kpg-d3n v1.10
Old 09-12-2017, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4ktr View Post
Looks like new firmare for the nx 3000 is out v 1.10 also the same for the programing soft ware kpg-d3n v1.10
Became available on September 1st. Addresses their new DMR functions like priority interrupt and some other things. Neither the CPS nor firmware release versions address the import functions that are missing that I'm complaining about earlier in this thread.