RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Kenwood & EF Johnson Forum

Kenwood & EF Johnson Forum - For discussion of land mobile radio products manufactured by Kenwood or EF Johnson. For discussion of Kenwood Amateur Radio Equipment, please use the Amateur Radio Equipment forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2017, 4:05 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default NX 210 Slow NXDN Decoding

I have an NX210G VHF firmware K4.75.00 that seems to take a second or half second to decode NXDN signals on most channels even ones set to NXDN only with very narrow 6.25 spacing. Once the radio decodes it sounds fine, has good receiver specs it seems and doesn't appear to have any other problems. I don't remember off the top of my head if power saver is enabled as it does this on scan as well. The green light will come on, it'll do the priority alert beep and then after a delay the audio will pass. It's copied programming from an NX200 with only the model changed. The 200 decodes almost instantaneously in the same scenarios. The only other quirk I've noticed with this one is my squelch opens up completely with a setting of 1, 2, but closes at 3. I'm pretty sure my 200 opens at 1, and closes at 2. Anyone have any ideas? Both units were purchased new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 08-06-2017, 4:24 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

5.1 firmware is out.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2017, 10:36 PM

I'd almost guess that the radio needs alignment. NXDN 4800 (6.25k) will be more critical of the radio being on frequency. Updating firmware as Evans suggests won't hurt either but I've run NX300 and 320 with 4.76 with no issues like you are having.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2017, 7:52 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

is gps on it sends it at the begining
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFg_WcnLYOo
Old 08-12-2017, 8:10 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

GPS is off. Maybe one of these days I'll take it to a shop and have it put on a monitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 08-13-2017, 12:44 AM

I agree, sounds like either an alignment issues or a setting issue.

I've got a few hundred NX-410's on my work system and they decode immediately, even in scan mode, encryption, GPS, etc.

I've got a bunch of NX-210's, also, but they are all running analog.

If you want to send me your file, I can take a look. I know at one point when we first set the system up, I had to spend some time with the scan settings as some of them kept the radios from receiving traffic. It's been several years, and I don't recall what the fix was, but I'll see if I can find it.