RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Kenwood Forum

Kenwood Forum For discussion of land mobile radio products manufactured by Kenwood. This is to include the TK(R) and NX(R) series radios and their associated accessories. This forum is not for the TM series; use Amateur Radio Equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 9:17 AM

Default tk-3180 k2 Squelch and Battery

How can I change the settings for the squelch open(test,Narrow) and also can the battery warning level be changed? I'm using all Kenwood approved cables and the KPG-89D program. I've tried to go in the radio itself and through the program under test frequency and still I cannot change the setting. The problem the user is having is battery drain, a fresh battery lasts about 1hr. Any help.
Sponsored links
Old 05-07-2013, 1:14 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The way I did mine was to disable the battery alert in the software under options and then go to some oddball channel and transmit until the battery is about dead then go to the batt part either by holding A and turning the radio on and then push S and then push C several times until you get the BATT and there you can adjust the battery level by transmitting and push the B button to set it and you should be good. You can do this in the Test mode in the software also but I actually find it earlier to do it on the keypad as I just described. I actually just did it to my 3180 cause I accidentally changed it while doing the squelch adjustment which I am still having an issue with. The ham band its fine but on the GMRS channels I get squelch without a PL. If I tighten to where it gemi goes away it basically is deaf so still working on that part of things.
Lycoming county, PA Live Scanner Feed http://scanner.w3ahs.com
Old 05-07-2013, 2:02 PM

fpcaptain did you NOT notice that this post is three years old, and since their have been no other replys, that it is a DEAD post?
Old 05-08-2013, 2:57 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I DID notice that but better late than never and since no one replied I was glad to make it alive again even if it helps someone else in the future when they read it. The issue I had about the squelch was answered what I found by searching and I now have my radio back to the way by an accidental change of a setting which can happen with the Batt issue. The internet is great!
Lycoming county, PA Live Scanner Feed http://scanner.w3ahs.com