Originally Posted by mattgregg110
Hello everyone, i have a TK-3180-K and i want to upgrade to the latest firmware and programming software so i can have MDC-1200 on this radio. I talked to my local radio shop and told them what i wanted and they basicly told me i was nuts because the tk-3180 couldnt do that. I was told they could and i have seen people post on RR that it was possable, could anyone set me straight,
is my email if anyone wants to contact me off this post.
Is the shop a Kenwood shop? If so they should know how to do it, and they are just telling you that.
1. Start up the firmware programming software (Fpro.exe).
2. Set the communications speed (normally, 115200 bps)
and communications port in the configuration item.
3. Set the firmware to be updated by File name item.
4. Turn the transceiver power ON with the [S] switch held
down. Then, the orange LED on the transceiver lights and
“PROG 115200” is displayed.
5. Check the connection between the transceiver and the
personal computer, and make sure that the transceiver is
in the Program mode.
6. Press write button in the window. When the transceiver
starts to receive data, the [PG] display is blinking.
7. If writing ends successfully, the checksum is calculated
and a result is displayed.
8. If you want to continue programming other transceivers,
repeat steps 4 to 7.
• This mode cannot be entered if the Firmware Programming
mode is set to Disable in the Programming software.
1. If you press the [Side2] switch (under of left side) while
“PROG 115200” is displayed, the display changes to
“PROG 19200” to indicate that the write speed is low
speed (19200 bps). If you press the [Side2] switch again
while “PROG 19200” is displayed, the display changes to
“PROG 38400”. If you press the [Side2] switch again
while “PROG 38400” is displayed, the display changes to
“PROG 57600”. If you press the [Side2] switch again
while “PROG 57600” is displayed, the display returns to
2. If you press the [Side1] switch (top of left side) while
“PROG 115200” is displayed, the checksum is calculated,
and a result is displayed. If you press the [Side1] switch
again while the checksum is displayed, “PROG 115200”
Normally, write in the high-speed mode.