RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Kenwood Forum

Kenwood Forum For discussion of land mobile radio products manufactured by Kenwood. This is to include the TK(R) and NX(R) series radios and their associated accessories. This forum is not for the TM series; use Amateur Radio Equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 9:57 PM

Default Ksg-4500

I picked up a KSG-4500 UHF Repeater today at a local hamfest. Just wondering if anyone has experience programming one of these units. I have the KPG-21D programming software, but I need info on which cable to use and how to enter programming mode.
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2010, 10:45 AM

The KSG-4500 needs the KPG-21D along with KPT-50 programmer (could use the KPT-20 if you can find 1). The KPT-50 has 2 cables, 1 plugs into the mic jack and the other 1 plugs into a connector the inside of the unit (KPT-50 can program the EEPROM on its own, but this requires you to remove the prom, more work). If you open the front lid of the unit and mounted to the back of the lid by the speaker is the board you want to plug the other cable into (look at the pic attached). All the KSG-4500 is, is a TKB\R-720\820 with a 100W PA and LTR capable.
Attached Images

Last edited by Luis_R; 09-26-2010 at 10:48 AM..
Old 09-27-2010, 2:37 PM

Does anyone have any documentation on this radio? Also I would like to know where I can pick up a KPT-20 or KPT-50?
Old 09-27-2010, 3:49 PM

Good luck with trying to get a manual, they are hard to get. And if you try to contact Kenwood they'll just give you the run around. The repeater is based on the TKB\R-720\820 base\repeater platform with 100W PA. The KPT-20\50 programmer is also hard to find, you might get luck on ebay. Try doing a search see what you come up with. You might try repeater-builder's site. The site below is the only place I found 1.
KPT-50