• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ksg-4500

Status
Not open for further replies.

airboss1634

I picked up a KSG-4500 UHF Repeater today at a local hamfest. Just wondering if anyone has experience programming one of these units. I have the KPG-21D programming software, but I need info on which cable to use and how to enter programming mode.

Luis_R

The KSG-4500 needs the KPG-21D along with KPT-50 programmer (could use the KPT-20 if you can find 1). The KPT-50 has 2 cables, 1 plugs into the mic jack and the other 1 plugs into a connector the inside of the unit (KPT-50 can program the EEPROM on its own, but this requires you to remove the prom, more work). If you open the front lid of the unit and mounted to the back of the lid by the speaker is the board you want to plug the other cable into (look at the pic attached). All the KSG-4500 is, is a TKB\R-720\820 with a 100W PA and LTR capable.

Attachments

• KSG-4500.gif
    KSG-4500.gif
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,674
Last edited:

airboss1634

Does anyone have any documentation on this radio? Also I would like to know where I can pick up a KPT-20 or KPT-50?

Luis_R

Good luck with trying to get a manual, they are hard to get. And if you try to contact Kenwood they'll just give you the run around. The repeater is based on the TKB\R-720\820 base\repeater platform with 100W PA. The KPT-20\50 programmer is also hard to find, you might get luck on ebay. Try doing a search see what you come up with. You might try repeater-builder's site. The site below is the only place I found 1.
KPT-50

Status
Not open for further replies.