• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood 2 tone paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffemt134

Feed Provider
Hello all,

So I'm pretty new to Kenwood radios, and had a question about the two-tone paging in models like the 3180 and 3312 series. I've noticed that the AND/OR setting under the Audio Control section seems to apply for a whole zone. Is there any way to have both "And" as well as "Or" apply to different channels within the same zone, like if you wanted a channel to stay silent until the proper two-tone set is decoded, as well as have that same channel "open" but still alert with the correct two tone set?

cwb212001

I don't believe so. If you have those same two channels in the same zone and the and/or setting is within the zone settings it applies to all channels in that zone. Is there a reason they need to be in the same zone? You could set one zone with 'or' setting and all of your channels in case you wanted to scan... and a second zone with 'and' that includes just the page channel in case you didn't want to scan. Or duplicate both zones with the different 'and' 'or' settings and choose the zone that reflects your mood. When I get a request for something like this it works for the user if we include the 'or' channel in the zone with all the scan channels and a separate zone with just a 'and' channel for when the go to bed. They just change zones. Hope this helps... let me know if I missed something.

ffemt134

Feed Provider
Thanks! You covered everything I was looking for, I was thinking having separate zones might be the case from what I was seeing, but wasn't sure. The majority of what we use now are Motorola HT1250s, and what we typically did was have the primary dispatch on channel 1, and then the "closed/muted" version of that on one of the higher channels labeled as "Paging". Changing zones on an HT1250 is a real pain, and I'm glad to see with Kenwood it can be accomplished with just a button press instead of it being menu-driven.

Status
Not open for further replies.