RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Kenwood Forum

Kenwood Forum For discussion of land mobile radio products manufactured by Kenwood. This is to include the TK(R) and NX(R) series radios and their associated accessories. This forum is not for the TM series; use Amateur Radio Equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 11:30 AM

Default TKR-750 vs Icom IC-FR3000

Guys,
I'm tasked with setting up a repeater for my volunteer SAR team and was debating which repeater make/model to go with. There are not too many reviews of the Icom, and the only difference I can see is that it has a little bit more receive sensitivity according to the manual. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks.
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2012, 3:49 PM

The only differance between any radio is the bells/whistles the age, the way they are maintaned and the name.

I use and service radios from Icom, Kenwood, Motorola and Vertex, again the only differance is what you want.

Last edited by scannerfreak; 10-21-2012 at 4:46 PM..
Old 10-26-2012, 12:53 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I am also looking at both, but the analog/NXDN versions and still going back and forth. Leaning towards the Icom at this point in time. Little less miney, specs on paper are a little better, and smaller footprint.

Up until this point been running several of the older TKR-820 series.