• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

need info ltr system

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
hey folks I know a little bit about Motorola systems and scanner but I have a few questions on a what I believe is a kenwood ltr system I say it's kenwood because the majority of the radios are kenwood with a few vertexs thrown in it is a vhf 150mhz system. so first am I correct to assume it is a kenwood system? second what do I need to program a radio on this system if I buy the radio and software from kenwood I have the frequency info and the home channel list ltr id list and something called a area code it is a single digit what else do I need ?

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
First you would need the Kenwood radio with a trunking board, second you would need to contact the radio system's administrator, for the .skf file that would allow your radio to be part of the system. You cannot program your radio to the system without the .skf file. some systems have a security feature that will dead-beat disable your radio, if you try to "hack" the system. If you have a legit reason to be on the syste, then contact the administrator, and your good to go. Otherwise, stick to your scanner

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
basically I am tired of paying someone else to program radios for my cabs the system owner is ok with me doing this I just hate paying the radio shop guy and since the system owner is an almost 2 hour drive from my shop it doesn't pay to have him program it himself so I need a skf file and the correct software of course thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.