• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood Programming/Speaker Mic Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

joehoose2700

Hello,

I'm having trouble with the programming port in my 3312. After several tries, I was somehow able to read the radio by holding the cable in the port without pushing it in all the way, but now I can't find that "right spot" to get it to write to the radio.

I know it's not the cable because I can read and write to other types of radios.

My question is, what kind of price should I expect to have that part replaced? Is it even worth it? I don't want to get overcharged...

Thanks, and if anyone has any other tips, I'll be glad to listen!

svfd17

Try pushing it all the way in and holding it in place during the reading/writing process, my tk3170 has the same issue and this always works.

Sent from my C570 using this tapatalk machinery

joehoose2700

Thank you, I've tried that though. No luck. I've tried all sorts of positions and put pressure in different directions in case a connection was loose inside... Nothing worked :(

T0mSmith

You didn't say what kind of cable you are trying to use, but here is my experience.

I am a cheap guy, but I highly recommend OEM cables to program 2 pin Kenwood radios. I have owned dozens of cables. The aftermarket cables seem to work just fine when they are new, but sooner or later, you are going to have a problem. It seems like I have had more problems with the newer model radios than the older ones. I have had some radios, that would not program with an after market cable that was tested to work on a bunch of other radios. The radio programmed fine with an OEM cable. I am not sure what the difference is. I have never had to throw away an OEM cable, but have thrown lots of aftermarket cables in the trash.

Good luck!

Do you use a speaker mic with your radio. Most of the time broken solder joints or broken contacts in the connector are the cause of this issue. Cost just varies by location.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.