RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Kenwood Forum

Kenwood Forum For discussion of land mobile radio products manufactured by Kenwood. This is to include the TK(R) and NX(R) series radios and their associated accessories. This forum is not for the TM series; use Amateur Radio Equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 9:44 PM

Default Kenwood Programming/Speaker Mic Port

Hello,

I'm having trouble with the programming port in my 3312. After several tries, I was somehow able to read the radio by holding the cable in the port without pushing it in all the way, but now I can't find that "right spot" to get it to write to the radio.

I know it's not the cable because I can read and write to other types of radios.

My question is, what kind of price should I expect to have that part replaced? Is it even worth it? I don't want to get overcharged...

Thanks, and if anyone has any other tips, I'll be glad to listen!
Sponsored links

Old 11-03-2013, 10:04 PM

Try pushing it all the way in and holding it in place during the reading/writing process, my tk3170 has the same issue and this always works.

Sent from my C570 using this tapatalk machinery
Old 11-03-2013, 10:29 PM

Thank you, I've tried that though. No luck. I've tried all sorts of positions and put pressure in different directions in case a connection was loose inside... Nothing worked
Old 11-03-2013, 11:07 PM

You didn't say what kind of cable you are trying to use, but here is my experience.

I am a cheap guy, but I highly recommend OEM cables to program 2 pin Kenwood radios. I have owned dozens of cables. The aftermarket cables seem to work just fine when they are new, but sooner or later, you are going to have a problem. It seems like I have had more problems with the newer model radios than the older ones. I have had some radios, that would not program with an after market cable that was tested to work on a bunch of other radios. The radio programmed fine with an OEM cable. I am not sure what the difference is. I have never had to throw away an OEM cable, but have thrown lots of aftermarket cables in the trash.

Good luck!
Old 11-07-2013, 8:34 PM

Default Re: Kenwood Programming/Speaker Mic Port

Do you use a speaker mic with your radio. Most of the time broken solder joints or broken contacts in the connector are the cause of this issue. Cost just varies by location.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
Sponsored links