• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TKR850 pgm issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstigler

I have several TKR850-1 radios. Where is the field to turn on the Display. Help says Pwr save on. I have several files and some have the display ch1 and others blank. I need a clue here. Not a real issue here but I would like it to display the channel all the time.
Johnny S.

cabletech

For what ever it is worth, the last couple TKR 750's and 850's that I have seen have always had the display in a default ON.

I have never seen a software setting for the display.

If you have a display that is not reading, it is possiable that the modual is bad.

jstigler

This does not appear to be a hardware issue. I load the original file and ch1 comes on. I load the file I read from another like radio and the display for ch1 is off. Go to the help menu in the software and it talks about this as a power saving feature but does not say how to make the change.

The other radio had some aux functions programmed and I was just going to clone that radio to this like radio for ease of setup. Now it is a challenge to see what I am missing in the programming.
Johnny S.

SB-Wi

Premium Subscriber
There are a few options for power save

The TKR-850 has the DC Power Save feature. The DC Power Save Mode is activated when the DC Power Save On function is executed.

When the DC Power Save Mode is activated, all panel LEDs except the Power LED are turned off, and the audio amplifier and the DSP becomes inactive.

When the Display On function is executed while the repeater is in the DC Power Save Mode, all panel LEDs become active as normal status indicators on the repeater, and the audio amplifier and the DSP becomes active. However, when the Save Delay Timer A period expires, all panel LEDs except the Power LED are turned off and the audio amplifier becomes inactive again, and when the Save Delay Timer B period expires, the DSP becomes inactive.

When the DC Power Save Mode is turned on or off, up to 3 functions preprogrammed into the Save On function or Save Off function are executed in sequence.
http://www.repeater-builder.com/kenwood/pdfs/tkr-850revised.pdf

bruch

Premium Subscriber
We had one come in like that, it had nothing in the field "CH Name" and that is exactly what it displayed, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.