RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Kenwood Forum

Kenwood Forum For discussion of land mobile radio products manufactured by Kenwood. This is to include the TK(R) and NX(R) series radios and their associated accessories. This forum is not for the TM series; use Amateur Radio Equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2013, 3:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Exclamation Kenwood TK-5310G Help

Hi,

I am looking for some help or advice on what to do with a problem I am currently having with a Kenwood TK-5310G UHF portable radio. I decided today to look at the test mode for the radio and clicked on the Battery Warning Level. Well i clicked on transmit and now it is flashing that i have a dead battery, when in fact i have 3 perfectly charged batteries. Each battery shows a blinking red light followed by the blinking battery icon. Is there a way to restore this or a way to reset the radio. I tried writing a different code plug to the radio to see if that would work, but it didn't. Can someone help me with this..

Thanks
Cody
Sponsored links

Old 12-29-2013, 10:37 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I figured the battery part out. I just cannot figure the tuning part. I wrote a different code plug to the radio. All I get more is a solid green light with the signal strength indicator. It is like the squelch is to low on one of the tuning parts. How can I fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codymw623 View Post
Hi,

I am looking for some help or advice on what to do with a problem I am currently having with a Kenwood TK-5310G UHF portable radio. I decided today to look at the test mode for the radio and clicked on the Battery Warning Level. Well i clicked on transmit and now it is flashing that i have a dead battery, when in fact i have 3 perfectly charged batteries. Each battery shows a blinking red light followed by the blinking battery icon. Is there a way to restore this or a way to reset the radio. I tried writing a different code plug to the radio to see if that would work, but it didn't. Can someone help me with this..

Thanks
Cody

Tags
kenwood, portable, tk5310, uhf