• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Win 8.1 & KPG-141D

Status
Not open for further replies.

SP4SKN

Hello
I have KPG-141D (ver. 4.4) and win 8.1. and programming cable from China :)
System win 8.1. sees the FTDI driver but program KPG-141D does not sees in comm settings this FTDI...
Do you have any solution for my problem?

Best regards
Stefan

Samo84

Hello

I have KPG141 with Win 8.1 with no issues , Would you please explain more what do you mean by
FTDI driver

Thanks ,

racingfan360

Stefan,

I don't have your exact setup but you might want to try:

- Make sure your cable is plugged in before you start the KPG software: you might need to restart win8.1 to find the cable correctly

- Is the driver installed correctly: check out in Control Panel > Device Manager

- What COM port is the cable using (check via Control Panel > Device Manager and more to the point is it a COM port number that's available in the range that the KPG software can see (usually COM 1-20)

SP4SKN

Hello again.
Thank you for all information. In device manager I have correctly installed USB serial Port (COM1) and USB serial Coverter, but KPG software has window Setup-Com is unavailable... This is my problem. Now I have KPG ver 4,7.

Best regards
Stefan

SP4SKN

Ok,
problem solved.
My FTDI chip is not supported by Win 8 and 8.1 ...
Post close I go to the store :)

Stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.